Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1-Year Annual Tesla Service and Repair Information Subscription for Free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service.Tesla is offering their 1-Year Annual Tesla Service and Repair Information Subscription for Free when you login to your Telsa account [Free to Join] and subscribe to this service.

Note, you will need to provide your billing info and be sure the pricing option shows up as 'INDV365 (365 DAY) USD 0'

Includes
Service Manual, Parts Manual and Body Repair
Tooling Catalog and Wiring Diagrams
Service Bulletins
Labor Codes and Times
Documentation Access
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model 3
Tesla Model X
Tesla Model Y
Tesla Roadster

Shamelessly copied from

What’s the point of this?

Since this is posted in the "Tesla ownership / Service and Maintenance" subforum, the point of this would be to inform other tesla owners who are interested in this information that they can get it for free right now, when it used to cost quite a bit of money for a subscription.

There are many owners who want this information, so there is definitely a point to this.

I looked for this as well and did not see an option. I also did not see anything where you agree to a recurring subscription and there is no payment info taken so there should be no issue.
Since you log in with your Tesla account info ... and if you have a CC setup for supercharging ... I thought it may come from there. Good point that there was not a clickable agreement for a longer term subscription tho.

I looked over the URL used for the subscription, and compared it to the URL when I type 'tesla.com'.
They are not identical but nothing jumped out to me as suspicious.

Then again, I am far from expert in these matters.
Would other discerning eyes have a look ?

I looked over the URL used for the subscription, and compared it to the URL when I type 'tesla.com'.
They are not identical but nothing jumped out to me as suspicious.
The "Top Level Domain" is exactly the same for both ("tesla.com") so definitely legit.

all these are good:
- www.tesla.com
- auth.tesla.com
- service.tesla.com
- anything.tesla.com

scam urls might have tesla in a sub domain, but no way to fake the top level domain

not trust worthy if trying to impersonate tesla site:
- tesla.somedomain.com
- tesla.cars.com
- tesla.crypto.io
- subscriptions.tesla.scam.net

no way to fake the top level domain

This is not exactly true. Punycode is a way to fake a TLD. Basically, non-English character sets can be used to create lookalikes. Some browsers provide protection from this, but not all of them.

The moral of the story is... never click a link. Retype the hostname portion, then copy paste the rest if needed.

You *could* indeed be hitting a third party site and typing in your Tesla account credentials without realizing it.

Just wanted to add that you can simply visit service.tesla.com and complete this "purchase" for free. There's no need to visit slickdeals.net or any other third-party website.

Converting it all to PDF is certainly possible, but you'd lose the easy browsability, plus updates. Is there a real need for PDF versions of these?

Edit: The service manual is hierarchical, so you'd lose that by converting to PDF as well.