Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 Year later and Virginia Beach is still behind on chargers...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
photo 1-3.JPG
photo 2.PNG

Happy to see some progress being made in the area. I took advantage of the new level 2 chargers at City Center in Newport News last weekend. Great location and free.

Last edited:
Yeah, City Center has (2) well marked L2 free stations in each of their (3) public parking garages with plenty of dining and boutique shopping. And, as always, any of y'all (except CatB, of course) can grab some electrons from my HPWC (exit 242) if you get caught "short" pretty much anytime.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Lol, ok, so yeah when I visited my brother (just moved to Yorktown) in May, I couldn't get his 110v plugs to charge, so I paid a visit to the friendly Nissan dealer and didn't call you all up, but that's because I was already down the road past Williamsburg.

And awesome that NNS has public chargers now! Hope they are on plugshare so I can find them :)

Stopped by City Center last thurs and sought out security along with the facilities head-honcho at which time we had a pleasant conversation about ICEing. They made it clear that they will "cite" and enforce all parking restrictions. I also let them know that they will see me and others more often because of the City Center's support for EV's. The Supervisor then stated he would pass this welcome business news to his boss. In conclusion, we had a nice time discussing the S along with pic taking.

I'll be taking my 3rd annual Model S February trip to Virginia Beach again in February. This time we plan to stay at the City Center Marriott in Newport News and take advantage of their Level 2 chargers. Still, I would love to see that gray "coming soon" dot on the Supercharger map in the area turn red before then! Anyone dig up any intel on possible locations for the new Supercharger in the Tidewater area?

I'll be taking my 3rd annual Model S February trip to Virginia Beach again in February. This time we plan to stay at the City Center Marriott in Newport News and take advantage of their Level 2 chargers. Still, I would love to see that gray "coming soon" dot on the Supercharger map in the area turn red before then! Anyone dig up any intel on possible locations for the new Supercharger in the Tidewater area?

I'm interested too, I'll *probably* be headed to Norfolk next month as well. Although Salisbury, MD and L1 charging should be sufficient for me.

I'll be taking my 3rd annual Model S February trip to Virginia Beach again in February. This time we plan to stay at the City Center Marriott in Newport News and take advantage of their Level 2 chargers.

Hey Dr.,

I am sure you have seen the (2) HPWCs at the beach. Let me know if you'd like to borrow any of my adapters or 100' extension cords that'll charge from just about any outlet known.