Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year NVH warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did i just space out on this?

I bought my car in August 2016 and I don't remember that being a thing but today at the service center they said they didn't want to take another shot at the rattle in my tailgate unless I supplied $195.

I'd heard of it as a new thing but I don't remember it applying to cars as old as mine.

$195 is probably an diagnosis fee. If they find an issue that is covered under warranty they will usually waive this fee.

If it is not a warranty item, or you decide not to pay to fix it...you will owe the $195.

This is getting to be very common practice for most all manufacturer dealerships as well.

$195 is probably an diagnosis fee. If they find an issue that is covered under warranty they will usually waive this fee.

If it is not a warranty item, or you decide not to pay to fix it...you will owe the $195.

This is getting to be very common practice for most all manufacturer dealerships as well.

No this was an hour of labor quoted to insulate the trunk. They explicitly said it wouldn't be covered.

I'm just curious if the 1 year NVH limitation was always a thing or if it was implemented later.