Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year of supercharging for delivery of m3/my if delivery before 12/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We discussed this today and decided against moving our delivery date up from 1/2 or later to take advantage of this.
We are already getting the referral miles from purchasing our 2 M3's, the closest SC location is convenient for my Wife, but not for me, and with COVID ongoing we just aren't sure how much traveling outside of day to day travel.

You don’t want to move your delivery date up by 2 days for a free year of supercharging?

You don’t want to move your delivery date up by 2 days for a free year of supercharging?
If we take delivery prior to 1/2, we have to claim both cars on our Personal Property Tax for next year, that will add about $2500 to that bill next year, if we wait as planned, that increase won't hit until the following year and will include some depreciation, although the depreciation is less with Tesla's than other vehicles.

My experience with these types of issues is that you can ask three different sales advisors the same question and get three different answers. We have a steady stream of complaints on this forum from people who were told by their sales advisor they would be getting free supercharging miles only to be told by the SC desk after their purchase that their sales advisor was incorrect. So if getting this promotion is important to you, get it in writing. Verbal promises from salespeople mean absolutely nothing. It needs to be referenced in the purchase agreeement for it to be a binding commitment from Tesla.
This definitely seems to be the case. I ordered my SR+ back in September, took delivery yesterday but was told 20 minutes ago that I would be eligible and to expect to see the free charging show up in my account mid-January. I guess I'll find out for real then!

Reactions: CaptMhack
I haven't ordered mine yet, but the Austin guy (who was wrong on A LOT of things. Ha ha) said with 90% certainty that I could get delivery before Dec 31st, since they're getting built now for the US. Is that true? That'd be a 2021 M3 LR in white/white.

By the way, the free 1,000 supercharger miles are about 3 'tanks' on the LR, so what: Maybe $60 max? It's not that much. But I'd use that on a single ELP-Austin trip. How long do you have to use them? And can you get an additional 1,000 referral miles on top of that? Just curious. Thanks.

I found this thread on reddit that stated you get free supercharging if you take delivery of your m3/my before 12/31.
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/kbwiem/1_year_free_supercharging/

I just contacted my rep and he told me its true and will be added on your account automatically.
My Canadian rep also confirmed that any cars delivered on the 12 through the 31 will qualify for free supercharging. Also read this will probably be added to your account mid-Jan 2021

My Canadian rep also confirmed that any cars delivered on the 12 through the 31 will qualify for free supercharging. Also read this will probably be added to your account mid-Jan 2021

man, I would love to believe this, as I took delivery in Fremont on the 12. Especially seeing as I have no home charging at my condo for the foreseeable future. Fingers crossed, but I find it hard to believe.

FYI

EA7B829B-ABA5-446B-AD02-0E534237EADE.jpeg

33BFA3B2-52B7-4A4A-9853-E2BA4E4A01C8.jpeg

Does anyone know if this applies to UK sales? I had a call earlier (before I noticed this thread) and had someone confirming my pickup on Thursday but he didn't mention this. I will mention it when I pick it up regardless.

Taking delivery of my car on Saturday. I won’t bother asking my SA as he’s been close to utterly useless this entire time. I’ll talk to the Delivery People on Saturday and see what they say. But free supercharging all next year would be awesome....and would certainly make me want to do some road trips!