Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year of supercharging for delivery of m3/my if delivery before 12/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't ordered mine yet, but the Austin guy (who was wrong on A LOT of things. Ha ha) said with 90% certainty that I could get delivery before Dec 31st, since they're getting built now for the US. Is that true? That'd be a 2021 M3 LR in white/white.

By the way, the free 1,000 supercharger miles are about 3 'tanks' on the LR, so what: Maybe $60 max? It's not that much. But I'd use that on a single ELP-Austin trip. How long do you have to use them? And can you get an additional 1,000 referral miles on top of that? Just curious. Thanks.

Actually it's not a 1000 miles, it's a 400kWh, so on SR for example it's more like 1500 miles..

How does that even make sense for them to do that? You get punished for buying multiple cars from them?
I know, this is what I asked. im waiting for my contact to confirm this or not. however my SA and his manager *apparently* stated thats what's on their internal memo. now with Tesla, anything is possible.

Just to clarify, so for those who are getting delivery between 12/12 -12/31, you will get free supercharging for 2021. Just note, that the free charging goes into effect in mid-January 2021. From Jan 1, 2021, to mid-Jan 2021, you may be charged for supercharging. They will send communication about when it's ready to go into effect.

Reactions: Dexa and Tholland
I called to check on my order (no VIN yet) and asked about the unlimited supercharging if taking delivery by year's end. Was told it would take "a couple weeks" for the free charging to be in my account. I asked how that works with the 1000 miles of free supercharging for using a referral link. Was told the 1 year of free supercharging would be INSTEAD OF the 1000 miles, though the person who's referral link I used would still get their 1000 miles.

You'd get the 1,000 miles the same day upon taking delivery of your car (and same thing for the other guy). And this coming from a HQ Tesla guy (not an SA). He further said they'd appear on the screen. And they're good for 6 months from that day. So if you get a free year of supercharging, it'd wipe out any balance you have. So you could use those free miles until the free year kicks in, about 2 weeks later.

If I get the car, I'd give the supercharger near my house a try before leaving for a long trip on Jan 14, to make sure all is well with my account. And wipe out the rest of those miles on Jan 14. On the way back Jan 20, free supercharging should be in place by then.

• Informative
Reactions: Dexa and SnohoBeav
Hey....I haven't visited a Supercharger in a while, but is there any way to confirm this was applied? I have been looking around in the app and in my account for some evidence of this, but have yet to find it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot? Or maybe I just have to go plug in at a Supercharger and see what it says?

Hey....I haven't visited a Supercharger in a while, but is there any way to confirm this was applied? I have been looking around in the app and in my account for some evidence of this, but have yet to find it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot? Or maybe I just have to go plug in at a Supercharger and see what it says?

Log into your tesla.com account and select car details from your account. You will see that Supercharging is listed with an expiration date. I hate that they App doesn't have all the info for your account and you need to check the website for some stuff. I'm covered until Jan 1, 2022