Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year ownership - "Air" noise perspectives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's been a year now and the Model 3 is basically my daily driver.

When we first bought it, there was an issue with road and wind noise. But coming back a year later...it seems much quieter than when we first drove or even the first few months. I thought maybe I was just accustomed to it, but it does appear that either the seals or materials have settled down as I can hold a normal conversation without raising my voice to others in the car now. My wife doesn't ride too often, but she mentioned it the other day.

Any thoughts or perspectives? Do you notice less noise for the ones whom have driven theirs over this amount of time?

I do get road noise but only over certain road conditions like concrete bridges or those rougher highway roads.

When we first bought it, there was an issue with road and wind noise. But coming back a year later...it seems much quieter than when we first drove or even the first few months.
Uh oh, sounds like you are going deaf :D
I can't image how a car can get more quiet after time. I'm missing something that someone else might know.
FYI, this is the reason the spouse didn't want a model 3. For her, it was too much wind noise and other things she didn't like. However, still a nice car.

• Funny
Reactions: Scrutmonkey
Anecdotally, I'd say the same for my September 2018 car. The seals may have gotten softer through the Winter/Spring season and the car is actually a bit quieter over the rumble-strip that is I-5 in Seattle...