Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.0 (2019.32.11.1) = Alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Has anyone here installed 10.0 (2019.32.11.1) yet?

My S received it a couple of hours ago (surprised since I just received 10.0 (2019.32.11) only 4 days ago).

It downloaded fine but 24 minutes after I started the installation the car's alarm went off. I shut it off with the fob and went to investigate.

It was in my locked attached garage. All was secure so no idea why the alarm triggered.

Maybe something to do with the new firmware installation?

I'll be ringing Tesla this afternoon. Just posting this to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

BTW, I did a line by line comparison of the 32.11 release notes to those for 32.11.1. As far as I can tell they are identical. Guess I'll have to go for a drive to see if I see any difference.

Reactions: cybergates
First thing to do is reboot the car if you haven’t already. Recommended after every firmware install. Some say the install does it so why bother but I know several issues with installs have been fixed this way on my cars. So now I always reboot both my cars after every firmware install.

Also it’s the first thing Tesla will tell you to do after you spend 30 minutes on hold. Do the standard scroll button reboot. Hold the brake pedal down if you want, it doesn’t add anything.

My S received it a couple of hours ago (surprised since I just received 10.0 (2019.32.11) only 4 days ago).

It downloaded fine but 24 minutes after I started the installation the car's alarm went off. I shut it off with the fob and went to investigate.

It was in my locked attached garage. All was secure so no idea why the alarm triggered.

I'll be ringing Tesla this afternoon. Just posting this to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

BTW, I did a line by line comparison of the 32.11 release notes to those for 32.11.1. As far as I can tell they are identical. Guess I'll have to go for a drive to see if I see any difference.

installed about an hr ago, took 30 min, no problem.

Faced exactly the same situation with my model S. Started downloading 11.1 in the morning... about half an hour later car alarm went off. It was securely parked inside closed garage, no sentry mode, nothing....

Installed 32.11.1 last night. No differences that I can see other than it looks like the Spotify icon has switched places with the TuneIn icon. Wasn’t using 32.11 long enough to be 100% certain.
8B3DF4BA-3E00-45EC-AC80-4BF193F74B75.jpeg

Had the same experience. Got notification that car alarm had been triggered before the installation was complete. Also parked in closed garage at the time. Have also been getting notifications that "Sentry Mode has turned off due to a Sentry system error". 3 x in last two days. Related to 10.0 (2019.32.11.1)?

yep, got this too AP2.0 Model S - happened during middle of update - update was started via the APP.

went to check on car in the parking lot - all good. Did ppl actually have the alarm go off or was the message in error and no alarm actually was sounded?

sounds like they need to release a 2019.32.11.1.1.1.1.1

:D

Update started via app. Pretty much same observation as noted below.SW upgrade did complete successfully. Hopefully the alarms don't go off again scaring the wits out of everyone sleeping at home.

Had the same experience. Got notification that car alarm had been triggered before the installation was complete. Also parked in closed garage at the time. Have also been getting notifications that "Sentry Mode has turned off due to a Sentry system error". 3 x in last two days. Related to 10.0 (2019.32.11.1)?