Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive had my model 3 for about 4 months and already put 10k!

Do I need to do any servicing. The steering seems to be a tad bit off centered. But otherwise everything else is great. Just want to make sure I dont need to do anything!

If your steering seems off center, you should get your alignment checked (and adjusted if need be). Poor alignment can cause increase and uneven tire wear (and if bad enough, can result in vibrations). You can have the alignment checked when you rotate your tires.

Ive had my model 3 for about 4 months and already put 10k!

Do I need to do any servicing. The steering seems to be a tad bit off centered. But otherwise everything else is great. Just want to make sure I dont need to do anything!

Steering wheel off Centre usually means you are out of alignment.
Welcome to the world of pot holes, bumps etc.
They will knock your alignment out all day long.

There was a thread going on that a lot of people had a slight right pointing steering wheel from factory. Mine is like that too. It drives perfectly fine. Just can tell that the wheel is slightly pointed to the right

That’s because your alignment is out.
It’s not a Tesla issue. All cars can get that from daily driving.

Yes, I understand that. The question was whether this is something often-encountered with newly-delivered Model 3s.

Speaking of this, I've had my first Tesla service interaction with a relatively standoffish service advisor who seemed to do his best to act dumb and show the classic air of "never heard of such an issue". He said I'd need to take a test drive with a tech and show them that the car's out of alignment and that they'll check if my body panel alignment issues are "within spec". It took some restraint on my part to explain, as gently as I could, that verifying alignment is a pretty well known procedure that doesn't require my assistance and that the panel gaps that I need adjusted will be "in spec" as soon as they're freakin' even. Am I being unreasonable?

Quite the contrast from the enthusiastic and very helpful delivery people. A bit disappointing so far.

Yes, I understand that. The question was whether this is something often-encountered with newly-delivered Model 3s.

Speaking of this, I've had my first Tesla service interaction with a relatively standoffish service advisor who seemed to do his best to act dumb and show the classic air of "never heard of such an issue". He said I'd need to take a test drive with a tech and show them that the car's out of alignment and that they'll check if my body panel alignment issues are "within spec". It took some restraint on my part to explain, as gently as I could, that verifying alignment is a pretty well known procedure that doesn't require my assistance and that the panel gaps that I need adjusted will be "in spec" as soon as they're freakin' even. Am I being unreasonable?

Quite the contrast from the enthusiastic and very helpful delivery people. A bit disappointing so far.

Ah. My mistake. I did think you were talking about cars that weren’t new.
I’m surprised to hear you were given the standoffish routine. I get that constantly from ice dealers.
I was hoping to never experience that again with electric.

Mine was off initially, they reduced the offset by 1/2 by doing an alignment. Alignment and steering wheel position can be adjusted independently on most cars, no specific info on Tesla, the underside is all covered with plastic so I can't check..