Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10/10/2021 Is anyone seeing Storm Watch activated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been red flag condition notices and PSPS warnings from PGE in NorCal for Monday and Tuesday, I was surprised to see Storm Watch has not been activated. Has anyone seen StormWatch activated on their systems?
I have seen it from time to time. But it's finicky - sometimes it doesn't activate even when their is obviously bad weather outside (like a torrential rainstorm); other times it activates days in advance (and stays activated days afterward) for a total weather non-event.

Fruitcake

I turned on my Storm Watch this morning to soak up some additional Off-Peak juice with my Powerwalls. I was disappointed that the response to turning Storm Watch on and off in the app was significantly delayed. I guess the delay was about 30 minutes. When I did it last year, it took effect in less than one minute.

I turned on my Storm Watch this morning to soak up some additional Off-Peak juice with my Powerwalls. I was disappointed that the response to turning Storm Watch on and off in the app was significantly delayed. I guess the delay was about 30 minutes. When I did it last year, it took effect in less than one minute.
i also noticed system will clearly be in stormwatch and not indicate it for another 10-20min as well as reverting back to non storm watch behavior with storm watch still indicated in app for about same amount of time .. and yes today turned off storm watch and took system about 20-25min to return to non storm watch behavior .. then another 20 for indicator in app to change 🤣

i also noticed system will clearly be in stormwatch and not indicate it for another 10-20min as well as reverting back to non storm watch behavior with storm watch still indicated in app for about same amount of time .. and yes today turned off storm watch and took system about 20-25min to return to non storm watch behavior .. then another 20 for indicator in app to change 🤣
Yep. That is what I have seen. It has been that way for us for over a year.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
when i write it out seems a silly gripe .. def 1st world prob 🤣

Haha Powerwalls storing Grid power is an even more ivory tower problem than a normal first world problem.

Assuming California is a first world state within a first world country... normal first world Californians still have to put up with PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E. And of course that means an unreliable energy availability in spite of living in one of the most technologically advanced areas of the world.

Having Powerwalls is like the first world of the first world. Our problems are basically "awww man I have too much power stored in my house now!"

On a more serious note, it is getting crazy windy outside around here. Plastic garbage bins are getting blown across the road in my neighborhood and the windows are rattlin'.

Haha Powerwalls storing Grid power is an even more ivory tower problem than a normal first world problem.

Assuming California is a first world state within a first world country... normal first world Californians still have to put up with PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E. And of course that means an unreliable energy availability in spite of living in one of the most technologically advanced areas of the world.

Having Powerwalls is like the first world of the first world. Our problems are basically "awww man I have too much power stored in my house now!"

On a more serious note, it is getting crazy windy outside around here. Plastic garbage bins are getting blown across the road in my neighborhood and the windows are rattlin'.
yea my recycle bin fell over from the wind after city emptied it .. i had to pick it back up on its wheels ... like an animal ! 🤣

yea my recycle bin fell over from the wind after city emptied it .. i had to pick it back up on its wheels ... like an animal ! 🤣

Lol if you lived near me, I'd pick up your bins for you. My 2 year old loves the garbage trucks and wants me to help right any fallen bins when we go on our walks. Yesterday was absolute misery.

• Funny
Reactions: Electrph
So just a reminder that not all long outages are PSPS events that you can plan for. We had an 11-hour outage in Lamorinda from about 0020 to 1130 this morning, 2000+ customers affected. We got through that without the benefit of Stormwatch (I have it disabled on our system, no idea if it was active for this area or not).

Bruce.

Reactions: h2ofun
So just a reminder that not all long outages are PSPS events that you can plan for. We had an 11-hour outage in Lamorinda from about 0020 to 1130 this morning, 2000+ customers affected. We got through that without the benefit of Stormwatch (I have it disabled on our system, no idea if it was active for this area or not).

Bruce.

That was a PSPS in Lamorinda? (I personally prefer to call it Morindafyette). I thought it was just a crappy unplanned power interruption like what they had in San Ramon yesterday. PG&E had not indicated anything near CA 24 would be in a planned PSPS.

That was a PSPS in Lamorinda? (I personally prefer to call it Morindafyette). I thought it was just a crappy unplanned power interruption like what they had in San Ramon yesterday. PG&E had not indicated anything near CA 24 would be in a planned PSPS.

My point was that it was an unplanned outage, but I didn't write that well. It sounds just like what they had in San Ramon / Danville. Sorry for being unclear!

Bruce.