Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10/16/18 Is LTE out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Glad I found this thread! I just installed V9 yesterday, and this afternoon was my first drive (in chicago) with new firmware. So.... naturally I thought my failure to connect to LTE was related to V9. I guess (for worse, probably) it's not V9, but everybody???

Can someone with this outage who is NOT on V9 please confirm?

Hope it gets fixed!

I’m on the last two days of an epic road trip and was car camping in a Wyoming Walmart parking lot when, around 4 am, I discovered I could no longer connect to my car in order to turn on HVAC. Without camping mode in the Model 3, my only option was to push my trek pole against the brake pedal.

Thought it was me and tried multiple resets as well as a power down. Driving through WY and SD to national parks, if fortunately done some pre-planning for this go-home sprint and had offline directions. Except for the Mount Rushmore visitor center, I even had addresses so the nav system still worked to some degree (no maps). Couldn’t even use my phone’s google map because I’d just exceeded my roaming allotment with T-Mobile.

Tried calling CS three times but kept driving out of cell coverage momentarily which dropped the calls.

I really wish Tesla would put stuff like this on their twitter feed or, at least, the hold loop on their CS phone line. Communication is their biggest weakness IMHO.

Doing the tether thing right now but keep going out of T-Mobile’s area. Hope this is resolved before my last Walmart tonight (or that I can get a signal - sure wish direct connection without the network was an option for HVAC).