Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10/20 - Point of no return.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10/20 it is final. Any Dallas deliveries lately? They are telling me 2nd week in December.

85D
Midnight Silver Metallic
Premium Interior
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Pano Roof
19" Cyclones
Grey Next Gen Seats
Matte Obeche
Black Headliner

I'm gonna wait on the Autopilot until I see how it plays out.

Something worth considering... the 19" cyclone wheels for the price you could easily get a very similar set aftermarket for cheaper than 2500 and you'd have a second set of wheels then. Plus if you'd like you could get some other upgrade on the Tesla in place of those.

I agree that it sounds like you have a nice configuration. Autopilot does have the advantage of being added later. IMHO you are going to want it sooner rather than later. I skimped in some areas to keep the price of my car closer to 90K than 100K, which was a psychological barrier for me. Now that I have the car, I miss not having an automatic lift-gate. I also wish I had the UHFS, although it was not worth the extra $ for me. Air would have been a good idea for me since I promptly bottomed out my S90D on my driveway on the day of delivery. It cost $800 to fix the driveway, so still it was cost effective to go with coils I guess. But not having air means that there are some places that are off limits to me, like my friends' steep driveways.

UHFS is one I also debated but I saw a number of people mention you can get portions of the speakers upgraded (or even just add a subwoofer) after the fact for much less than the Tesla price. I didn't make it a point myself though to sit in a UHFS and non UHFS car to directly compare so I'm hoping my decision on what I ordered doesn't bite me there.

After much debate here I ended up getting the Air suspension myself. I also kicked around the cyclone wheels but thought, wheels can always be swapped out and suspension can't. While today I may be fine with coil suspension 5 years down the road (going to own this car for quite a while given the price tag) I'll be 42. The smoother ride coupled with the added functionality I decided was something I needed to add.

I'd say everyone here would agree though, there's no wrong way to build a Tesla so long as its a Tesla :) Order the things you think are most important to you and you'll be set.

Something worth considering... the 19" cyclone wheels for the price you could easily get a very similar set aftermarket for cheaper than 2500 and you'd have a second set of wheels then. Plus if you'd like you could get some other upgrade on the Tesla in place of those.

This IF my wife agrees to us ordering a model S, she wants those 19" Cyclones for whatever friggin' reason. I told her we should take stock and get aftermarket for less. As a bonus once you're actually thinking of shelling out "real" money for wheels that cost 2k she'll likely decide against it. :)

Keep the Cyclones. I didn't want to pay the 2500 either and now I have bought a used set of cyclones to replace the stock wheels. Could have saved a lot of time just getting the Cyclones.

I picked up my VERY similar car last week Thunda! Great choices all around. I love the 19" Cyclones for what it's worth. Regarding UHFS, I originally wasn't going to get it, then changed my mind. To be honest, it's not mind blowing sound. Don't get me wrong, it's excellent, but doesn't amaze me. Other people will differ on this I know, but it's all subjective. I had heard the standard sound in my test drive and thought it was pretty good. I came from a 2012 Toyota Sequoia that had the upgraded sound package (factory) and it blows Tesla's out of the water in my opinion. I also wanted to get XM (since I've had it in the past), but now with Slacker/TuneIn I don't see any reason to get it! Slacker is awesome...

So is Autopilot. Save yourself the $500 and get it now, because you'll probably want it later! If I was forced to choose one option to give up in order to get Autopilot, it would be the UHFS. Or just get both :)

Cheers on your order!!

2015-10-14 12.52.36.jpg