Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 FSD visualizations disappearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I'm running FSD beta 10.3.1 and yesterday, started to notice my visualizations disappear when I manually disengage. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this before. I've done a scroll wheel reboot. Otherwise, things seem to be working. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi everyone. I'm running FSD beta 10.3.1 and yesterday, started to notice my visualizations disappear when I manually disengage. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this before. I've done a scroll wheel reboot. Otherwise, things seem to be working. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Thanks,
Steve

You mean the new wider visualization ?

For that the media window has to disappear from the bottom.

That is not normal behavior. I've never seen it. What firmware version are you on? I'm assuming 2021.36.5.3.

Given that 10.4 is a few days away, I'd just wait to see if it gets fixed when the next firmware is flashed.

That is not normal behavior. I've never seen it. What firmware version are you on? I'm assuming 2021.36.5.3.

Given that 10.4 is a few days away, I'd just wait to see if it gets fixed when the next firmware is flashed.
Yes. I didn't have it on 10.2, or 10.3 (only had for about an hour before I get reverted). 10.3.1 hasn't done this until yesterday. I've tried the scroll wheel reboot and my car was in deep sleep overnight and it still happens. I sent an email to FSDBeta since you can't really capture that with the camera icon. We'll see if they reply and would like additional information.

Thanks,
Steve

Mine does the same thing. I believe it's to show a clear difference between being on FSD versus TACC. When you "break out" of FSD by turning the wheel, it still keeps you in TACC. Same behavior should happen if you push up one detent on the stalk to cancel FSD, but stay in TACC.

I'm on 36.5.3

Reactions: Ruffles
Yeah that started happening to me too when I disengage by steering. It's pretty annoying/caught me off guard. I first noticed it Sunday (2021 radar Y/36.5.3).
It's especially bad in slow curves where FSD jerks the steering wheel and I disengage it more or less "unintentionally". The car seems to be completely unaware of where is for a second or two but TACC straight up tries to accelerate back up to the speed limit.
I wish TACC would just cancel too because it's 50/50 whether I'm on the break or the gas pedal when it happens. Don't want to get stuck in an intersection but I also don't want to get rear-ended.

I wish TACC would just cancel too because it's 50/50 whether I'm on the break or the gas pedal when it happens. Don't want to get stuck in an intersection but I also don't want to get rear-ended.
I emailed FSD beta team about this, I'm encouraging others to do the same. I understand why they have a 2-tier disengage for AP on freeways, but I think that manual steering input should totally revert to manual control from FSD .. after all you are on city streets which is very different from disengaging when on the freeway.

Disengaged and FSDbeta visualizations are fine.

FSDbeta_battery_use.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I had been training myself to flick up the shifter after a wheel disengagement to turn off TACC. Today I twice disengaged by wheel and didn't turn off TACC and my visualizations disappeared. This is a new behavior and not sure if it has been there since 10.3.1 or was pushed on top in the last few days. Tesla had a problem in China about TACC NOT notifying drivers. Green has found some code indicating Tesla is adding an audible alert to TACC for all markets. [speculation]Could be the visualizations are(first) part of the "new" warning that you are in TACC and we will get an audible warning coming in the next updates.

I wish a wheel disengagement cut off TACC because I want FULL control after a stressful event. At the very least add an option in thew Menu to have TACC turn off since I almost NEVER use it and I definitely don't want it on after a disengagement.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.07.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Thanks,
Steve

I’m not so sure this is related to your disengaging. I have noticed visualizations drop out at least once a day for the past week on mine, and that was with no action on my part. All have been mid-drive, and visualizations returned on their own 5 to 20 seconds later.

I confirmed this behavior is specific for TACC on my car last night. It's not just when disengaging autosteer (switch to TACC). It also applies when engaging TACC.

Pull on the right stalk once to engage TACC and FSDbeta visualizations go away.