Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaScope is showing that the rollout has possibly already begun.

First noticed: October 24, 2021
1 (0%) currently on this version.

First noticed: October 25, 2021
2 (0%) currently on this version.

In answer to the question, do you need AP 3.0:
TeslaFi shows AP levels. Here is 10.3:
906 vehicles reporting with 10.3. All are AP 3.0.

I don’t have FSD.
2021.36.5.5. Installed on 22nd

Attachments

• F1200555-1A7A-4DD1-B7F0-476F837F7628.jpeg
    F1200555-1A7A-4DD1-B7F0-476F837F7628.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 84
You just need to disable FCW and EAB...it's fine. I always disable those anyway since I bought the car along with lane keep. They are more dangerous than useful IMO.

I just drove in the rain on 10.3 and it was fine except the normal "weather" warning and assume that is due to the rain sensors.

Nothing odd and my 27 miles commute is crazy IMO. But people were actually pretty chill this morning considering how nuts they are when the weather is good, plus it's a Monday..people take the day off apparently and Fridays, less traffic...yet we crawled for 8 miles in the rain all the way to the city center.

No notification about any update so far....so will see. Otherwise, 10.3 is pretty good except every roundabout is different and some other oddities I don't think anybody will find a solution to in the next 20yrs...haha...
Can you turn off FCW and EAB and still use autopilot/FSD? If so I’m never turning them back on.

Just made it to work on 10.3. FSD worked for the short trip to pick up carpool buddy but AP and TACC were unavailable for the rest of the trip as it has been with other drivers. I turned off AEB yesterday after my 3 braking incidents and it wasn’t a problem today. Hope 10.3.1 is a decent fix cause I’m nervous driving my own car now.
Remember you have to disable AEB before EVERY trip!! Ask me how I know, haha!!

Reactions: K5TRX and edseloh
Hopefully they go off the same list as before when they moved us to 10.3.

Has anyone got a 10.3.1 update yet? What version number are we expecting? 2021.36.5.3?
I can almost guarantee they won’t. It’s quite obvious, due to bugs, that caused false FCW’s it thought some folks were really bad beta testers and booted them. They are gonna need to get their score back to 99 to get back in.

I don’t think Tesla is going to write new code that tracks who got accidentally booted and patch up their bad driving record and put them back on. Not when it’s not that hard to get back on. What they might do is lower the 99 Score threshold to make it easier for those folks to get back on. That would be a lot less work.

This whole scoring/joining beta thing is “Beta” too.

Teslafi doesn’t show it pushing to any cars yet. The FCw bug gave me a safety score of 47 yesterday and dropped me to a 97. Hopeful logic prevails for all of us in that boat and we don’t get booted.

I had a 99 before 10.3... my safety score yesterday was 15 (FIFTEEN) thanks to all the collision warnings. Now I'm at 95 overall. And to top it all off I got my "12V battery is toast" alert yesterday. Not going to drive much for the next 1.5 weeks which was the earliest service appointment.

I rolled back to the production build yesterday, who knows if we'll get the beta again with the fixes, I'm just going to stop worrying about it and ignore my safety score from now on.

Last edited:
I had FSD yesterday and rolled back like an idiot. I loved it and didn't have any problems during both of my drives. I'm still @ 99, so I hope that I get FSD back again soon. Maybe this weekend?
I would think so. Be interesting to see how long it takes. It’s also interesting that you got reverted when you had no issues.

I had no issues and I had thought an update (to revert maybe) had came in. It was in the after noon and it showed as 24 minutes old. But when I went to check it no update was there. So assumed it was a stake notification from that mornings beta update. But later a read there was an update. By dumb luck my car was in a poor Wi-Fi location. I had parked it in a neighbors yard due to some workers cleaning my siding. I think that’s why it failed. Otherwise I might have been an idiot too.

Sounds like the revert was maybe reverted or it was buggy too and didn’t succeed for everyone, like me. Some people say it installed with no prompt. Which is hard to believe given that you could be driving or need to drive somewhere and your car is randomly updating. Lots of “Beta” things going on.

good to know. I’m turning them off and never looking back after my car slammed the brakes on yesterday on the highway. Extremely dangerous and very angry about it.
Mine did that twice after I activated the Beta. Both while doing 70mph. Second time we were seconds from getting rear-ended, cars braking and swerving to avoid hitting us. And it was full on AEB...abs activated, seat belts locking, etc. 70 to a full stop before I could get on the accelerator again to get out of the way.

If you are still running 10.3 or not "downgrading" so you do not lose the early access beta, PLEASE GET OFF. Outside of the false FCWs, I had it engage my emergency brakes going 80mph on a six lane highway. Fortunately, the car behind me was not close, and I was able to take over before the car completely fish tailed. I have never been so scared driving. The FCWs were alarming enough, but the e-brake was beyond dangerous. I was very excited to get the early access beta, but I immediately opted out and downgraded to 10.2 when I got home.

I know this is not normal, and I am glad that Tesla quickly addressed the upgrade with a "downgrade" fix. I just would hate to see someone get badly injured because they are unaware of the dangers with 10.3.

Reactions: edseloh and K5TRX
Mine did that twice after I activated the Beta. Both while doing 70mph. Second time we were seconds from getting rear-ended, cars braking and swerving to avoid hitting us. And it was full on AEB...abs activated, seat belts locking, etc. 70 to a full stop before I could get on the accelerator again to get out of the way.
I’m trying to decide whether I should send the email to be removed from FSD beta. My wife was terrified.

Also considering contacting the NHTSB about the whole thing. It’s unacceptable.

Bear in mind this isn't the users choice in many cases.

The "non beta downgrade" was pulled yesterday too.

My car is on 10.3 and there's nothing to change it to in the app.

10.3.1 is allegedly rolling out today (per Elons twitter- though I've not seen anyone report receiving it yet).

I'm fortunate enough that I can just not drive today till I get it.

I can almost guarantee they won’t. It’s quite obvious, due to bugs, that caused false FCW’s it thought some folks were really bad beta testers and booted them. They are gonna need to get their score back to 99 to get back in.

I don’t think Tesla is going to write new code that tracks who got accidentally booted and patch up their bad driving record and put them back on. Not when it’s not that hard to get back on. What they might do is lower the 99 Score threshold to make it easier for those folks to get back on. That would be a lot less work.

This whole scoring/joining beta thing is “Beta” too.
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, from a common sense or practical perspective. So people with weeks of great scores (and hundreds/thousands of miles) who only got downgraded due to a beta software issue that has been acknowledged by Elon will have to fight to get their scores back up to the level they would have been at if not for Tesla's buggy software?

I'm not in IT, but even I know it's not some complex code to omit/delete 24-48 hours of driving data from a safety score calculation .... presuming they even use safety scores as a determinative factor in deciding who gets to stay in the beta program (which we have no evidence of being the case).

(I apologize if you were just being sarcastic. After all, it is Monday morning. Lol)

If you are still running 10.3 or not "downgrading" so you do not lose the early access beta, PLEASE GET OFF. Outside of the false FCWs, I had it engage my emergency brakes going 80mph on a six lane highway. Fortunately, the car behind me was not close, and I was able to take over before the car completely fish tailed. I have never been so scared driving. The FCWs were alarming enough, but the e-brake was beyond dangerous. I was very excited to get the early access beta, but I immediately opted out and downgraded to 10.2 when I got home.

I know this is not normal, and I am glad that Tesla quickly addressed the upgrade with a "downgrade" fix. I just would hate to see someone get badly injured because they are unaware of the dangers with 10.3.
This isn't really an option at the moment -- at least not for me, and judging by posts I've seen on this forum, not for many others. Yesterday I did indeed see a notice pop up on my phone about 2021.36.5.1 being available, despite the fact that I was on 2021.36.5.2 -- that is, it was a downgrade that, some posts here reported, would have removed the FSD beta features. As I was away from home at the time I saw this notice, I did not activate the "update." By the time I got home, the notice of its availability had disappeared from my phone. Thus, short of hacking my Tesla, I cannot change its firmware version. The most I can do is to not use the FSD beta features -- but if the problem is with non-FSD functionality, like AEB, then not using FSD beta features won't help.

If there is a safety flaw in the latest firmware, then it's Tesla's responsibility, not mine, to push out an update ASAP. It's owners' responsibility to accept and install that update, of course, but Tesla's software-distribution method means that we have no ability to downgrade on our own. At this point, the best I can do is to minimize my driving. This is the downside of Tesla's OTA software updates.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, from a common sense or practical perspective. So people with weeks of great scores (and hundreds/thousands of miles) who only got downgraded due to a beta software issue that has been acknowledged by Elon will have to fight to get their scores back up to the level they would have been at if not for Tesla's buggy software?

I'm not in IT, but even I know it's not some complex code to omit/delete 24-48 hours of driving data from a safety score calculation .... presuming they even use safety scores as a determinative factor in deciding who gets to stay in the beta program (which we have no evidence of being the case).

(I apologize if you were just being sarcastic. After all, it is Monday morning. Lol)
I wasn’t being sarcastic. Sorry if you got booted. We are talking Tesla here. Something went very wrong. If a few folks got booted, Tesla won’t care. They can get back on. It’s Beta. It’s just gonna to be to much work to erase the bad driving score or special case it. It would risk creating more problems.

Not everyone that got booted has a bad score. My educated guess is. If you had 10.3 and showing a bad score now you won’t get back in until it’s back up. I could be wrong, but I rarely am ;)

This isn't really an option at the moment -- at least not for me, and judging by posts I've seen on this forum, not for many others. Yesterday I did indeed see a notice pop up on my phone about 2021.36.5.1 being available, despite the fact that I was on 2021.36.5.2 -- that is, it was a downgrade that, some posts here reported, would have removed the FSD beta features. As I was away from home at the time I saw this notice, I did not activate the "update." By the time I got home, the notice of its availability had disappeared from my phone. Thus, short of hacking my Tesla, I cannot change its firmware version. The most I can do is to not use the FSD beta features -- but if the problem is with non-FSD functionality, like AEB, then not using FSD beta features won't help.

If there is a safety flaw in the latest firmware, then it's Tesla's responsibility, not mine, to push out an update ASAP. It's owners' responsibility to accept and install that update, of course, but Tesla's software-distribution method means that we have no ability to downgrade on our own. At this point, the best I can do is to minimize my driving. This is the downside of Tesla's OTA software updates.

I highly suggest going into your settings and turning off emergency auto braking as a temporary solution.

Reactions: K5TRX