Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m downloading the patch now after experiencing the scary and dangerous FCWs. I just have to say that I definitely would not be a dev at Tesla now. The software engineering process seems to be completely broken and some higher up needs to be fired for such a dangerous, potentially deadly (literally) bug. I hope it’s not some poor low level engineer who takes the fall when it’s a failure of the QA pipeline more than anything else, because a working dev deployment process would not have allowed such a defect to make it through. But I bet it will be if my previous experience is a guide.

Maybe we will see all of this as part of the bumpy road to progress, but please don’t let it cost actual lives like the space program sometimes did.

I will be turning off FCW and AEB with each drive. Who knows, maybe they will make it a permanent off switch with this update.

Reactions: Melektrana
I’m downloading the patch now after experiencing the scary and dangerous FCWs. I just have to say that I definitely would not be a dev at Tesla now. The software engineering process seems to be completely broken and some higher up needs to be fired for such a dangerous, potentially deadly (literally) bug. I hope it’s not some poor low level engineer who takes the fall when it’s a failure of the QA pipeline more than anything else, because a working dev deployment process would not have allowed such a defect to make it through. But I bet it will be if my previous experience is a guide.

Maybe we will see all of this as part of the bumpy road to progress, but please don’t let it cost actual lives like the space program sometimes did.
Preach it.

Ah yes now you don't want to be a dev. I'm sure they were pounding your door down with offers. Move fast, break things. this is the way.

• Disagree
Reactions: dogmodes and K5TRX
Plenty of others have said the same but I may as well post as another data point.

I did downgrade to .1 yesterday.
.3 has finished downloading over LTE but I think I'll wait until others say its good or I get home from work to install.

EDIT - no email here, but I didn't receive one for .2 either

Reactions: K5TRX
Just got this:

We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3.1 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    image001.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

The Tesla Team
Same here .

Reactions: K5TRX