Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
. After being tested in a large closed beta, MSFS was released on the PC in August 2020. It has undergone 6 major updates and without fail
I have FS2020...

Except for last week when they pushed out SIM update 6 as a mandatory update and flooded all the servers and no one could update, or even play the game for 10-12 hours depending on the features used. I'm not dissing your point, Tesla could have tested this in a more closed loop for at least a day or two, to find this major issue but FS2020 has had it's growing pains for updates too. Plenty of complaints in their Twitter feed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GWord and BCNY
FSD 10.3.1 - IS FSD BETA 10.3. SAFE TO INSTALL AND RETAIN YOUR FSD BETA OR GET IT BACK IF YOU'RE ONE THAT DOWNGRADED YESTERDAY.

I got the same FSD e-mail again at 9:11 AM. Same one received just before receiving 10.3 update Sunday morning. Phone said update is available at 9:17 AM. Started install at 9:48 AM. 10:23 AM, Software update is complete. Just checked the car. Same as 10.3 I had already (never installed the roll-back). It is now 2021.3.6.5.3, prior was .2. Says FSD Beta 10.3.1 in front of the release number in the car.

Release notes are the same. So it was just a bug fix update that we're all used to. In this case, Tesla created a panic because it's the first time, that I'm aware of in 9 years, that they've ever rolled back an update, especially one as big as FSD Beta that so many were dying to get their hands on. Haven't driven it yet, but, assume it will be improved over what I had yesterday.

Oh man - had not heard the seven consecutive days theory before, I hope this is not how it really works. I WFH and have many days at 0 (but more than 7 days & 100 miles total - which was a bit of an effort to get)
You just have to be scored for 7 days total and 100 miles total, not 100 miles per day for 7 days. 100 miles total over 7 days minimum. Does not have to be 7 consecutive days. If you did 109 miles in one day, and nothing on day's 2-6, would simply do a 3-5 mile drive on day 7 to give it two reference points, but the second drive might not be necessary. That was my scenario though and I got the update.

Just went for my first drive on 10.3.1. Took some backroads to a church parking lot (it actually drove me into the lot and stopped right in front of the entrance) and then back home on some more major roads.

Didn't have any show stopping issues. A little janky on some of the turns. Like pulling to the right before making a left. Got a little close to a dog being walked and a truck that was stopped at a left turn but not completely in it's lane. Otherwise, perfect.

Reactions: tskguy
I don't know how many people have Microsoft Flight Simulator but it has a similar recent history. MSFS is an incredibly old franchise and the 2020 version is a masterpiece in gaming, but it also shares a lot of code with legacy versions. After being tested in a large closed beta, MSFS was released on the PC in August 2020. It has undergone 6 major updates and without fail with each update hundreds of bugs are fixed and new major flaws in key features are reported. More recently, an XBox version was added (after all how many versions of Xbox are there, sorta like Tesla's "four models"?) and the same spasmodic update process has occurred on that platform too. It's the nature of software development that occurs over a decade or more.
Nobody will die playing flight simulator.

Just my story for people to relate however they can:

1. I did not get the first beta, but I did raise my score to 100 and got it a week later.
2. I got the 10.3 update yesterday. Went to the grocery store using it and it did not work on the drive back. Nothing crazy happened though.
3. I did not do any trickery to get it back to function. I got the software upgrade (downgrade) notification a few hours later.
4. I promptly installed it as soon as it finished downloading. Drove for the rest of the way without FSD. I did not opt-out.
5. I got an email a couple of hours ago that 10.3.1 was being pushed to my car, like the email I got for 10.2.
6. My driving score did not show up in my Tesla app again. But TeslaFi has is. It's fallen to 99.
7. I drove 10.3.1 over Lunch Break and it's much better, specifically on turns. Not jittery as before.
8. It perpendicular parks in between lines with no cars around, now.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Just my story for people to relate however they can:

1. I did not get the first beta, but I did raise my score to 100 and got it a week later.
2. I got the 10.3 update yesterday. Went to the grocery store using it and it did not work on the drive back. Nothing crazy happened though.
3. I did not do any trickery to get it back to function. I got the software upgrade (downgrade) notification a few hours later.
4. I promptly installed it as soon as it finished downloading. Drove for the rest of the way without FSD. I did not opt-out.
5. I got an email a couple of hours ago that 10.3.1 was being pushed to my car, like the email I got for 10.2.
6. My driving score did not show up in my Tesla app again. But TeslaFi has is. It's fallen to 99.
7. I drove 10.3.1 over Lunch Break and it's much better, specifically on turns. Not jittery as before.
8. It perpendicular parks in between lines with no cars around, now.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

How is it on left turns? I’m embarrassed to drive around on FSD’s left turns here. I feel like I need a sign in the rear window explaining to other drives why it looks like I’m having a stroke behind the wheel.

Reactions: K5TRX and BCNY
How is it on left turns? I’m embarrassed to drive around on FSD’s left turns here. I feel like I need a sign in the rear window explaining to other drives why it looks like I’m having a stroke behind the wheel.

turning smoothness is much improved, for both left and right turns. Confidence, not so much. I'm still frequently nudging the car with the accelerator.

Anyone else seeing issues with 10.3.1? I have a additional camera calibration message under the smart summon toggle - stuck @ 73%. No FSD visualizations and cannot engage FSD or Autopilot. Tried the standard camera calibration and received a contact support message (software update required).

I think that will be a milestone for FSD - when the day comes that I am no longer self conscious (or embarrassed) to be using FSD around other drivers, who think I'm driving like an idiot.

My experience yesterday (aside from FCW's) is that my car really, really liked hugging the double yellow line - to the point where my tires would frequently hit those little yellow reflectors embedded in the asphalt.

Reactions: K5TRX and GWord