Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. The speed bumps are like ramps that it’s trying to launch you off of. Mine also decided to take driveways at 40 MPH and I had to disengage hurriedly.
Are your speed bumps hatch-marked? Or just asphalt bumps?

Either way, they've been talking about "pixel height(?)" mapping that is supposed to spot things like that, as well as potholes and random debris. I'm not sure when that is supposed to start happening and/or how long it might be before it works well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: El joe
I was thinking of the typical short concrete driveway that is usually perpendicular to the street. So the car could pull slightly past it and then be told to reverse-park into that perpendicular driveway.

My guess is that, at this time, it won't recognize that unless perhaps you paint two or three white lines on your driveway, to make it look like one or two painted parking stalls. This might work but would tag you as being kind of odd to your neighbors. And would probably raise angst and an agenda item at the next HOA busybody board meeting, if you're in such a neighborhood.
Hahaha ok I hear you! That's also EXACTLY my case! I can try that tomorrow, though I think it won't work because the release notes are very specific about painted lines. But, why not?

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Hahaha ok I hear you! That's also EXACTLY my case! I can try that tomorrow, though I think it won't work because the release notes are very specific about painted lines. But, why not?
Experiment: steal a roll of TP from your bathroom and use it to lay out some parking lines in your driveway. You'll probably have to weigh it down here and there with pebbles to keep it from blowing away. And see if that makes the Tesla recognize the driveway as a suitable parking area.

I'm willing to fund this high-tech experiment via a PayPal reimbursement for the materials required, send me a message.

If your next-door neighbor asks what you're doing, tell him youre advancing the state of the art in AI technology.

What time Thursday? I did a reset Thursday morning. Hit 100 with 111mi around 11:30pm Mountain and haven't got the beta.
I reset about 6pm Thursday waited for SS to disappear from app and come back, opted back in around 10pm. Went for a 124 mile ride to the Indio Ca supercharger at 2am Friday morning parked car and drove my Dodge Charger for the first time in 4 months to work Saturday morning. Got 10.3 at 2am Sunday morning. Tried it out on the way to Sofi stadium for the Rams game and feared for my life. Downgrade downloaded while I was at the game but didn’t install and wasn’t there when I got back. Got 10.3.1 today while at work.

I made a couple of FSD rides around the neighborhood today using 10.3.1. They were OK; it made a couple of mistakes picking the wrong lanes, but nothing dangerous.

The main thing that I didn't like is how it went down the center of streets that don't have a center line. One of them was on a blind curve and I had to disengage.

Overall it was definitely not relaxing, but it should get better and I should get more comfortable with it.
I noticed (and reported) this too. The car rides 1/3 on the left side of the middle of the road. In our neighborhoods we usually have wide (4-car-widths at least) unmarked roads, so this is a read issue, which shouldn't be too hard to address.

In part because of staying over the median on unmarked local roads (including the grocery store exists), I couldn't let the car to do most of the left turns as the oncoming turning traffic would risk turning into me.

Also, it is SO happy going on yellow-turning-red that I am concerned for people who drive in cities that use red-light cameras extensively (Chicago, I am talking about you) or ticket-happy cops.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
I noticed (and reported) this too. The car rides 1/3 on the left side of the middle of the road. In our neighborhoods we usually have wide (4-car-widths at least) unmarked roads, so this is a read issue, which shouldn't be too hard to address.

In part because of staying over the median on unmarked local roads (including the grocery store exists), I couldn't let the car to do most of the left turns as the oncoming turning traffic would risk turning into me.

Also, it is SO happy going on yellow-turning-red that I am concerned for people who drive in cities that use red-light cameras extensively (Chicago, I am talking about you) or ticket-happy cops.
I read yesterday that there is now a preference setting for early or late yellow light reaction (as well as for stop-sign rolling and maybe other such preferences). You might look for that and see if it helps resolve the concern.

Looks like you owe me that plaid. :)
Why? 10.3.1? That's not going to magically put people that were booted off Beta with a low score back on.

Don't confuse folks whole temporarily lost AP vs this that lost Beta.
Two separate issues. 10.3.1 will probably fix folks that lost AP that couldn't get it running again. I got it running again on 10.3

Turn off Sentry Mode, and either reset or let the car go to sleep. Leave Sentry Mode off for now
Thanks, this hasn't helped--turned off Sentry Mode and reset car, and no fix. Also with Sentry Mode off, I let the car sit for several hours, and no help. I am on 10.3.1; I think this was a fix for 10.3, but it's not helping me for loss of AP/TACC/FSD upon updating to 10.3.1/2021.36.5.3.

Thanks, this hasn't helped--turned off Sentry Mode and reset car, and no fix. Also with Sentry Mode off, I let the car sit for several hours, and no help. I am on 10.3.1; I think this was a fix for 10.3, but it's not helping me for loss of AP/TACC/FSD upon updating to 10.3.1/2021.36.5.3.
So, 36.5.3 Redownloaded for me to go bit by bit over the previous corrupt 36.5.3 and I just took the car for a stroll and all is back well... Ok, at least as good as 10.3 is. :oops:

Reactions: davezforce
I was thinking of the typical short concrete driveway that is usually perpendicular to the street. So the car could pull slightly past it and then be told to reverse-park into that perpendicular driveway.

My guess is that, at this time, it won't recognize that unless perhaps you paint two or three white lines on your driveway, to make it look like one or two painted parking stalls. This might work but would tag you as being kind of odd to your neighbors. And would probably raise angst and an agenda item at the next HOA busybody board meeting, if you're in such a neighborhood.
They make a tape specifically used as temporary lane lines during construction, etc. You could test some of that out for fun and see how it goes.

Why? 10.3.1? That's not going to magically put people that were booted off Beta with a low score back on.

Don't confuse folks whole temporarily lost AP vs this that lost Beta.
Two separate issues. 10.3.1 will probably fix folks that lost AP that couldn't get it running again. I got it running again on 10.3
Except that wasn't the context of the conversation and there weren't really two separate issues.

There was never any evidence to support your contention that 10.3's issue resulted in there being a segment of drivers who lost beta because of low safety scores. At least on this forum (or anywhere else that I've seen), the people who lost beta did so because they rolled back to the public release because of 10.3's bugs. (No one was booted.)

To the best of my knowledge, everyone who had been on 10.3 and lost beta via the initial update is now back on beta (10.3.1), regardless of their safety score. There havent been issues with safety scores being a factor in determining who received 10.3.1. In essence, whomever received the 10.3 release also received 10.3.1.

Reactions: nvx1977
To the best of my knowledge, everyone who had been on 10.3 and lost beta via the initial update is now back on beta (10.3.1), regardless of their safety score. There havent been issues with safety scores being a factor in determining who received 10.3.1. In essence, whomever received the 10.3 release also received 10.3.1.
Just to affirm this is correct

Reactions: dcesq06
Except that wasn't the context of the conversation and there weren't really two separate issues.

There was never any evidence to support your contention that 10.3's issue resulted in there being a segment of drivers who lost beta because of low safety scores. At least on this forum (or anywhere else that I've seen), the people who lost beta did so because they rolled back to the public release because of 10.3's bugs. (No one was booted.)

No, a bunch of folks that had 10.3 with lots of FCW’s got booted off beta, now show a low safety score are NOT back on 10.3.1. We’re they booted off because of “low score” or Tesla knew there was no Beta compatible with some cars I don’t know. But in the end some ended up kicked off beta and stuck with a low score because of all the FCW’s recorded in their history.

I have not seen anyone that says they were downgraded, with a low score, reupgraded.

There is about 4-5 different states folks are in. I’m not going to review all of them for you. I was responding to ONE of them. Not the group that managed to stay on 10.3 until 10.3.1 came out (which I think both you and I are in). I lost FSD for all of 10 minutes and never saw an FCW.

No, a bunch of folks that had 10.3 with lots of FCW’s got booted off beta, now show a low safety score are NOT back on 10.3.1. We’re they booted off because of “low score” or Tesla knew there was no Beta compatible with some cars I don’t know. But in the end some ended up kicked off beta and stuck with a low score because of all the FCW’s recorded in their history.

I have not seen anyone that says they were downgraded, with a low score, reupgraded.

There is about 4-5 different states folks are in. I’m not going to review all of them for you. I was responding to ONE of them. Not the group that managed to stay on 10.3 until 10.3.1 came out (which I think both you and I are in). I lost FSD for all of 10 minutes and never saw an FCW.
Just to refresh your recollection, the post that started this all was the 2nd post in this thread where @tskguy said .....

Fingers crossed that the 99ers get it… pre 10.3. A single drive on 10.3 knocked me down to 98."

In the next post (#3) in this thread), @Ramphex said

Hopefully they go off the same list as before when they moved us to 10.3

It was in response to this 3rd post that you said (in post #28)

I can almost guarantee they won’t. It’s quite obvious, due to bugs, that caused false FCW’s it thought some folks were really bad beta testers and booted them. They are gonna need to get their score back to 99 to get back in. I don’t think Tesla is going to write new code that tracks who got accidentally booted and patch up their bad driving record and put them back on. Not when it’s not that hard to get back on. What they might do is lower the 99 Score threshold to make it easier for those folks to get back on. That would be a lot less work.

So the issue of discussion pertained to whether someone on 10.3, who had their safety score knocked down to 98 because of 10.3, would still get 10.3.1. The discussion had nothing to do with people getting booted off of 10.3 because of low safety scores or lots of FCWs. (And, for whatever its worth, I haven't seen it stated anywhere - whether on this forum or a statement from Elon/Telsa - that specifically says that people were kicked out of 10.3 because of all the low FCWs recorded in their history. Actually, I haven't even heard of anyone getting kicked out of beta - although I have seen warning emails.)

Why am I detailing all of this for what is now a moot point? Because in post #39, you said

I could be wrong, but I rarely am ;)

and because we did bet a toy plaid that I'm sure my son would enjoy. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex