Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.4 Problems - No autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've emailed FSD beta, asking to be removed twice now starting three days ago. There's still no response. My service appointment is Friday, but the service advisor is not able to roll back my software until the FSD program allows it. I am filled with regret for opting into this beta.

Driving long distances without even basic cruise control is very painful.
As OP on this thread I finally got my issue resolved and my process may assist you and others. I originally tried all of the normal self-help things (outlined in first post) and none of them helped. Then I wrote to the beta team and got an automated response but no fix. I then scheduled service and asked for a re-push of 10.4. I got this response in my app:

1637180878033.png

I thought that was my last hope and decided to wait for the next version (10.5?) to be pushed. Then I was speaking with a service rep about another issue and after that discussion decided to bring up the 10.4 re-push. It turns out I was speaking to a the right rep and he said they CAN"T do a 'first push' of beta software but they CAN DO a re-push. He sent an internal message to someone and about an hour later 10.4 was sent to me again which resolved the issue (all remote, no service visit).

Good luck to any that are still missing autopilot, FSD beta, etc. If you haven't gotten results from the Tesla app you might consider going to a service center with a copy of this post and talking with a service rep.

Attachments

• 1637178519201.png
    1637178519201.png
    105 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I emailed the Tesla FSD Beta team and they repushed 10.4 to my MS. I now have cruise and Autopilot again. WOOHOO!

Sentry was off, but nothing else was done (left in the USB drive, and car was not connected to external power).

Oddly enough, they pushed it twice, but I’m not complaining.
How does one contact the FSB beta team? I just got 10.4 but no visualizations or Nav on Autopilot.

I'm having the same issue with 10.4 FSD/visualization and autopilot not working and I didn't get the FSD beta email also. Got the update last night. Can someone tell me the email address for the FSD Beta Team?
I'm happy to give you the beta team email [email protected] but it probably won't help you for the issue you're having. That email is primarily for reporting complicated edge cases that you experienced while driving FSD beta. In my experience you will not get a response from the team.

I suggest reading this post 10.4 Problems - No autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD carefully because that's what worked for me after a very frustrating process.

Last edited:
2020 MS LR here. 10.4 update immediately caused the no visualization/no cruise/software update required message. I opened up a service request but in the mean time I called tesla directly. Called the local tesla shops number, click numbers to get to service > topic software then got connected to a rep. He was able to see that my software install did not finish properly. He said it failed (even though my car thought everything went through properly) and that he would repush the 10.4 (2021.36.8.5) again to my car. Its been just under 24hrs since that call and no (re)update yet from my car. Hoping that once that software is reinstalled it fixes the issues. Will update as new things arise

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I did an online chat with Tesla regarding 10.4 problems (no visualizations; no Nav on Autopilot; no city street turning). Rep first said to reboot (which I had already tried), then said the download looked like it went OK to my car, but said he was detecting some Autopilot errors and I should make a service appointment. Wouldn't say whether the errors were software or hardware related. The car still does Autosteer, but everything looks like pre-FSD beta, but there is no option for Nav on Autopilot. Made Mobile service appt (2 weeks wait), but maybe 10.5 will fix the problem (unless hardware issue).

I'm happy to give you the beta team email [email protected] but it probably won't help you for the issue you're having. That email is primarily for reporting complicated edge cases that you experienced while driving FSD beta. In my experience you will not get a response from the team.

I suggest reading this post 10.4 Problems - No autopilot, cruise, AP visuals or FSD carefully because that's what worked for me after a very frustrating process.
Created service ticket, used chat feature, fixed in 20 minutes. THANK you guys!!!

2020 MS LR here. 10.4 update immediately caused the no visualization/no cruise/software update required message. I opened up a service request but in the mean time I called tesla directly. Called the local tesla shops number, click numbers to get to service > topic software then got connected to a rep. He was able to see that my software install did not finish properly. He said it failed (even though my car thought everything went through properly) and that he would repush the 10.4 (2021.36.8.5) again to my car. Its been just under 24hrs since that call and no (re)update yet from my car. Hoping that once that software is reinstalled it fixes the issues. Will update as new things arise
follow up 2 days later.

First call 2 days ago the phone rep said he would repush software and that I should see an update alert within 24 hours. 30+ hours later I tried calling and the (now different) rep told me the previous rep didnt action it correctly and that because it is a 10.4 beta the service center has to push that to me.

He said he would contact the local tesla service shop to communicate the issue so they can repush. I had a service ticket open with a mobile tech scheduled just in case the first call didnt resolve the issue. Shortly after that call I get a notification of a software update. Let it update and voila~ no errors.

Summary: called local tesla service which redirects you to generic menu. Touch tone into "software/autopilot help". Talked to the reps there and they indirectly contacted service to get a firmware pushed to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
Update: FSD 10.4 fixed! I spoke to a rep who noted errors popping up regarding Autosteer. I noticed my rear camera was blurry (had flurries and salt on road recently). So cleaned camera, turned back on Autopilot beta options, and Voila! FSD kicked in. So, make sure all cameras are clean.

• Informative
Reactions: sfuape