Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only person still on 10.5? 2021 MY LR safety score 100 group.
You may need to be a bit more patient, bro. Tesla does not blast all cars at the same time. The consensus on this topic is that they did not start rolling this update out until Saturday night. You should see something soon. Maybe today.

Safety Score has no meaning if you are already in the Beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: n.one.one
Model S got the update 10.6.1 yesterday but I was in the middle of a test of some unrelated things that prevented installation until this morning. Getting ready to head out to see how my test route does.

My Model Y is still on 32.22 since September. SS is 98 and mostly driven by my wife. Her score fluctuates between 98 and 99. 3 months is my limit to wait as I would like to see the better features in 44.5 non beta anyway.

Tried 10.6.1 today. Somewhat better but still won't satisfactorily make unprotected left from my unmarked residential street onto 2 lane marked through street. It creeps forward while almost getting into left lane at the stop sign, then stalls at a 45 deg. angle in the oncoming lane with no traffic. I then can't see traffic coming from right
How hard can this be?. I'm unimpressed. C'mon Tesla.

Just got back from about 34 miles of testing the new 6.1.

Right off it missed a right turn and tried to make the turn from the left lane. 10.5 never missed this.

It did a good job slowing down and stopping at a red light and then when it turned green took off like at the drag races.

Did good at high visibility stop sign intersections. Then on a blind right turn it took off too fast and lost control and ran up onto a residential yard. No cars were coming so I left it fail. Got the alarm to take over in the middle of the turning. I went around to try it again and it made the turn but there was a speed bump about 50 feet away and it took that at 40 mph. I went back and tried that road straight through and it recognized the speed bump slowed to 20mph. On a straight road for 4 miles I saw a cop was tailgating me at speed limit but the FSD was doing some minor phantom braking. When I saw the cop in my rear view mirror I aborted FSD drunk driver mode and took over. After the next block he passed me so I put it back into drunk driver mode again.

On a stretch of road with no lines it went down the center until a car was coming the other way. No reason to do that.

Overall, I don't see any improvement. It is more aggressive pulling away from stop signs and traffic lights. Very erratic steering around left and right turns. It did not run any red lights so I'll say they improved on that from 10.5. It continues to stop at all stop signs like before.

It might be my imagination, but it appears to follow closer at 45mph than before.

Still no auto-park notice in a parking lot.

Someone asked about driving efficiency so I ran the same route with and without FSD-beta. Without FSD-beta 10.6.1 I recorded 221wh/mile. doing the same route with FSD-beta it recorded 353wh/mile. I'm sure it had to do with the pulling away from the stop signs and traffic lights. In both drives it had good slowing with regen braking.

None of my driving was on the interstate, max road speeds 45mph I don't recall how may times I aborted but it was more than several dozen.

Right off it missed a right turn and tried to make the turn from the left lane. 10.5 never missed this.

It did a good job slowing down and stopping at a red light and then when it turned green took off like at the drag races.

Did good at high visibility stop sign intersections. Then on a blind right turn it took off too fast and lost control and ran up onto a residential yard. No cars were coming so I left it fail. Got the alarm to take over in the middle of the turning. I went around to try it again and it made the turn but there was a speed bump about 50 feet away and it took that at 40 mph. I went back and tried that road straight through and it recognized the speed bump slowed to 20mph. On a straight road for 4 miles I saw a cop was tailgating me at speed limit but the FSD was doing some minor phantom braking. When I saw the cop in my rear view mirror I aborted FSD drunk driver mode and took over. After the next block he passed me so I put it back into drunk driver mode again.

On a stretch of road with no lines it went down the center until a car was coming the other way. No reason to do that.

Overall, I don't see any improvement. It is more aggressive pulling away from stop signs and traffic lights. Very erratic steering around left and right turns. It did not run any red lights so I'll say they improved on that from 10.5. It continues to stop at all stop signs like before.

It might be my imagination, but it appears to follow closer at 45mph than before.

Someone asked about driving efficiency so I ran the same route with and without FSD-beta. Without FSD-beta 10.6.1 I recorded 221wh/mile. doing the same route with FSD-beta it recorded 353wh/mile. I'm sure it had to do with the pulling away from the stop signs and traffic lights. In both drives it had good slowing with regen braking.

None of my driving was on the interstate, max road speeds 45mph I don't recall how may times I aborted but it was more than several dozen.
Wow. Huge difference on efficiency but not surprising.

Ski

Which mode do you use? Chill or Assertive? I use assertive and figured the drag racing away from a turn behavior was due to that. Haven’t tested if it’s the same on chill or not.

My 10.6.1 test is also failing miserably. But I think that is mostly due to the rain and the forecast. I am in the Bay Area, it is raining sideways here. Now it just shows FSD unavailable because poor weather detected.
yea same, haven't been able to really test it in the bay area. I did manage to start it once before it auto disabled and it continued to use FSD even with a message that said FSD may be degraded the entire time. But tbh the drive in the rain for me wasn't bad. At least the couple miles i did.

Reactions: aspekt
It seems like an improvement. Movement is more fluid. Last version (10.5) had real problems with lane jumping- like a pinball between rails. This version only did that on a minor level. The turns that have been problematic are still problematic. Still some instances that NAV on AP still does not get into the correct turn lane in advance of the turn/exit/etc.
I think this is a step forward-more than previously.

Perhaps our cars in Florida are being remotely controlled from Fremont Cal and the signal is weak

Which mode do you use? Chill or Assertive? I use assertive and figured the drag racing away from a turn behavior was due to that. Haven’t tested if it’s the same on chill or not.
I'm on Chill because the other two modes for FSD-beta make the car do traffic violations. Cops here will ticket you for a rolling stop. Chill will come to a complete stop at the stop sign always. I did test the other two and it looked like that was the only difference. Assertive actually would just slow down when there were no cars coming. Average would nearly stop but drift past the sign into the intersection and then speed up. In all three, the car would only come to a complete stop if there was lots of traffic. BTW- this is even stated in the description.

Drive slowly next to the parking spots. When I say slowly - I mean really slowly - 2 or 3 mph. May be 5 feet from the parking spots.

It did some impressive reverse parkings when I tried. Once it even parked perfectly in one go. Definitely better than I can - which is admittedly a low bar.
You don't understand. I should explain... I lost autopark some time ago on the Model S. I don't recall when. I don't normally use it but want to use it now that is has the vacant lot feature in the latest non-beta software.
I still have it as you described in my Model Y with 32.22 software but not the vacant lot upgrade. I think that will come when Tesla finally shoots me 44.5 on the Y.