Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.6 Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is now almost ready to release version 10.6, Elon says that FSD Beta 10.6 will be released internally today and will be available in a few days if no major issues are found.

It releases internally today, then rolls out to external beta in a few days if no significant issues are found

-Elon Musk

Tesla is now releasing beta versions to employees first once they are validated by their QA team. This helps Tesla further test the release before making it available to the public.

It's not clear whether Elon means that beta 10.6 will be released to QA today or to employees, but it sounds like the latter. Tesla has usually waited 24 hours after releasing to employees before making it available to all FSD Beta testers.

It's possible that if the release goes smoothly that some testers may have access to 10.6 as early as this weekend.

Keep in mind that not everyone will be receiving the FSD Beta update at the same time. Although Tesla may release it in the next few days, it could take several days for all testers to receive the 10.6 update.

Once FSD Beta 10.6 is released we'll provide release notes and changes here. In the meantime, you can check out our list of all FSD Beta visualizations and their meaning.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Tesla is now almost ready to release version 10.6, Elon says that FSD Beta 10.6 will be released internally today and will be available in a few days if no major issues are found.

It releases internally today, then rolls out to external beta in a few days if no significant issues are found

-Elon Musk

Tesla is now releasing beta versions to employees first once they are validated by their QA team. This helps Tesla further test the release before making it available to the public.

It's not clear whether Elon means that beta 10.6 will be released to QA today or to employees, but it sounds like the latter. Tesla has usually waited 24 hours after releasing to employees before making it available to all FSD Beta testers.

It's possible that if the release goes smoothly that some testers may have access to 10.6 as early as this weekend.

Keep in mind that not everyone will be receiving the FSD Beta update at the same time. Although Tesla may release it in the next few days, it could take several days for all testers to receive the 10.6 update.

Once FSD Beta 10.6 is released we'll provide release notes and changes here. In the meantime, you can check out our list of all FSD Beta visualizations and their meaning.
If patience is a virtue, I'm as virtuous as anyone in the Tesla universe. I purchased FSD, have the upgraded chip for my 2018 LW RWD Model, was enrolled in early access two years ago, have a 30 day (and counting) score of 99 over 2500 miles, and haven't had a sniff of the new code. Has anyone in Texas received the new code, or even 10.5?

If patience is a virtue, I'm as virtuous as anyone in the Tesla universe. I purchased FSD, have the upgraded chip for my 2018 LW RWD Model, was enrolled in early access two years ago, have a 30 day (and counting) score of 99 over 2500 miles, and haven't had a sniff of the new code. Has anyone in Texas received the new code, or even 10.5?
I know a guy who just moved to Austin and said he’s recently driving Beta in Texas with zero disengagement. He owns some fancy factories there so you can trust his words and keep your hope up.

Reactions: Darth Milo
After sitting at 98 for months, I opted out and back in on 12/2 and have a safety score of 100/100 with over 300 miles driven. Do you all think 10.6 would be pushed to me soon? Do any other brand new Beta testers have it yet, or just existing?

After sitting at 98 for months, I opted out and back in on 12/2 and have a safety score of 100/100 with over 300 miles driven. Do you all think 10.6 would be pushed to me soon? Do any other brand new Beta testers have it yet, or just existing?
According the Teslafi, 10.6 appears to have only gone out to about 25% of the folks who already had 10.5 - and nobody else. I'm in the group that still has the 10.5. So, in theory, you should be getting it relatively soon, but in practice 10.6 has been a very slow roll-out so far

Reactions: Thp3