Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla will skip 10.7 and go straight to 10.8 on Tuesday.

So should this "arguably be called" V12 too?🤣🤣🤣

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 6.54.54 AM.png

Reactions: diplomat33
I am wondering if Tesla will release the 10.8 beta to more folks not yet in the program. It appears that new rollouts have slowed drastically since early November and 36.5.3. At that time the beta was rolling out to 100 scores and to some 99's at a good pace, but now regardless of safety score only a very low percentage are getting into the program. Looks like only about 2% of the 36.8.10 update went out to new participants. Anyone feel like they have saturated the beta group for now?

Reactions: APotatoGod
I am wondering if Tesla will release the 10.8 beta to more folks not yet in the program. It appears that new rollouts have slowed drastically since early November and 36.5.3. At that time the beta was rolling out to 100 scores and to some 99's at a good pace, but now regardless of safety score only a very low percentage are getting into the program. Looks like only about 2% of the 36.8.10 update went out to new participants. Anyone feel like they have saturated the beta group for now?
Will 10.8 roll out to 97 scores? Elon replies “Probably”.

Rollouts have slowed likely due to the same couple of coders are now dealing with hundreds more reports from all the new beta button testers. Too much data is also why there is very little improvement from one 15 day update to the next. More beta testers will only make things worse unless they get Dojo up and running or hire many more analysts to process the increased work load.

Meanwhile, the beta test group are not getting the new features we are seeing in 44.5 on the non-beta FSD releases. Because of that I dropped out of beta FSD in my Model Y.

Rollouts have slowed likely due to the same couple of coders are now dealing with hundreds more reports from all the new beta button testers. Too much data is also why there is very little improvement from one 15 day update to the next. More beta testers will only make things worse unless they get Dojo up and running or hire many more analysts to process the increased work load.

Meanwhile, the beta test group are not getting the new features we are seeing in 44.5 on the non-beta FSD releases. Because of that I dropped out of beta FSD in my Model Y.
What are we missing out on?

Ski

Silly reason. Seem to have shot your self in the foot.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Silly reason. Seem to have shot your self in the foot.

Thanks for the advisory.

But I didn't shoot myself in the foot. If I do get 10.8 in the FSD-beta on my Model S it will be welcome. I rarely drive the Y as that is my wife's and she never uses AP anyway. I only added it so the Y and S have the same features. For me it was not about the cost. It didn't really cost me anything to add it.

However it is a fact that since we had FSD-beta, new features have been rolling out for the non-beta versions and not for the beta testers.

Examples-
Autopark disabled in FSD beta, used to have it
Way points not yet available
Security cameras in app- not yet available

The above are the ones I wanted but don't get yet in FSD-beta but are out in 44.5.

Hopefully that will change. But, I'm not concerned much about having FSD-beta on my Model Y.

Examples-
Hmmm ... Autopark & security cameras are definitely there in FSD Beta (atleast in 3). Waypoints & Tidal coming next week.

I don't mind getting some features after a week or two (or a month or two) if I can test FSD Beta. But thats just a personal choice.

Hmmm ... Autopark & security cameras are definitely there in FSD Beta (atleast in 3). Waypoints & Tidal coming next week.

I don't mind getting some features after a week or two (or a month or two) if I can test FSD Beta. But thats just a personal choice.
I completely agree. I'd give up most or even all new features to test FSD. For me the new features are really cool but FSD is extremely cool!

Honestly the biggest real-world use case advantage of having FSD Beta is that you are no longer capped at +5MPH when on Autopilot on city streets. Aside from that, it's not a feature that you use aside from when wanting to test it out for the sake of testing it out. It's literally "Ok, Im going to do some testing now...have to pay extra extra attention." It's way more stressful than normal driving as you have to be fully engaged in watching what the car is doing and you actually start learning yourself on where you expect the car to mess up and you are usually correct. When it doesnt mess up, its like, that was pretty cool. Regular just driving on a straight road or on the freeway is really no different than normal Autopilot.

Thanks for the advisory.

But I didn't shoot myself in the foot. If I do get 10.8 in the FSD-beta on my Model S it will be welcome. I rarely drive the Y as that is my wife's and she never uses AP anyway. I only added it so the Y and S have the same features. For me it was not about the cost. It didn't really cost me anything to add it.

However it is a fact that since we had FSD-beta, new features have been rolling out for the non-beta versions and not for the beta testers.

Examples-

The above are the ones I wanted but don't get yet in FSD-beta but are out in 44.5.

Hopefully that will change. But, I'm not concerned much about having FSD-beta on my Model Y.

Auto park worked until 10.5 for me. Hasnt worked since. 2021.36.8.10.

I live in DC (as well as Raleigh) so I've had PLENTY of cases and opportunities to try it out. Just stopped working.