Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if you went back to a much earlier FSD beta version you would be shocked at how much it has improved. It's just trickier to notice when the fixes come in small fast increments (agile sprints). Like boiling a frog.
I wasn't born yesterday. Been following FSD improvements since March 2020 and and the closed beta YouTube videos since November 2020.

Elon confirmed that FSD Beta 10.8 will start rolling out THIS Tuesday with the holiday update 🎄🎅🏻

"Tesla FSD 10.8 plus holiday fun software release probably Tuesday"
First, which letter don't you understand in word "probably"?
Second, the twit does not say "THIS Tuesday", so it can be any Tuesday.
Third, is Christmas the only holiday of the year?

"Tesla FSD 10.8 plus holiday fun software release probably Tuesday"
First, which letter don't you understand in word "probably"?
Second, the twit does not say "THIS Tuesday", so it can be any Tuesday.
Third, is Christmas the only holiday of the year?
We'll get it when we get it. My Ford is still on it's original operating system from 2016. What other car maker updates their cars several times a year?

Mine on a right hand two lane will hit the reflectors and then the inside double line scary as *sugar*. I always start to tug the wheel in case it wants to go over entirely. What that poster claiming it tried to kill him is kind of what mine does but I don’t over react and flip out and over correct and fly off the road like he did.
Very much agree. This was a big issue on the old AP and doesn't seem to have improved (yet) with FSB. However as zig states you know that it's going to do it so you prepare to take over.

No, 10.8 is not until Tuesday. But we are seeing the right signs in 2021.44.5.5, that they are on track for the Christmas update with Waypoints.
Looking forward to the blind spot detection when changing lanes. As a side note it would be nice if FSD avoided sitting in someone else's blind spot. It seems to "stick" in a blind spot so that I have to accelerate to move forward.

Prediction: 10.7 starts rolling out at 12 AM PST.
I am still not seeing any activity on TeslaFi, did you mean TONIGHT, not last night?

I am confused by the designation 10.x vs 2021.40.x

Why not refer to it by the version you see when you look at your Tesla's software screen? I don't actually HAVE the FSD beta yet, so perhaps you actually see the 10.6.1 number when you look at your phone app, I don't know, why I asked.

I am still not seeing any activity on TeslaFi, did you mean TONIGHT, not last night?

I am confused by the designation 10.x vs 2021.40.x

Why not refer to it by the version you see when you look at your Tesla's software screen? I don't actually HAVE the FSD beta yet, so perhaps you actually see the 10.6.1 number when you look at your phone app, I don't know, why I asked.
My phone app shows the 2021.36.8.10 currently. In the actual car it shows software version FSD 10.6.1. So both are being used interchangeably since that's what Tesla does.

My phone app shows the 2021.36.8.10 currently. In the actual car it shows software version FSD 10.6.1. So both are being used interchangeably since that's what Tesla does.
Just to add 2021.36.8.8 (mine) is the overall car's firmware covering everything. FSD 10.5 Beta is a subset of 2021.36.8.8 and relates only to the FSD part of the 2021.36.8.8 firmware.

Can I ask, for the sake of clarity....if you are a beta tester (in the States) you are on approximately 10.6 and by midnight tonight are hoping for around a 10.8
But if you purchased FSD then you are on 10.2 and aren’t holding out too much hope for a Christmas upgrade

Reactions: jebinc