Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I ask, for the sake of clarity....if you are a beta tester (in the States) you are on approximately 10.6 and by midnight tonight are hoping for around a 10.8
But if you purchased FSD then you are on 10.2 and aren’t holding out too much hope for a Christmas upgrade
If you are beta tester you will likely be on 10.8 this week. If you are not opting in to get FSD beta, you will be on a totally different branch, at 2021.44.25, irrespective of whether you bought FSD or not.

There are some who opted in but haven’t been included in FSD beta yet, they are stuck in some older build.

Can I ask, for the sake of clarity....if you are a beta tester (in the States) you are on approximately 10.6 and by midnight tonight are hoping for around a 10.8
But if you purchased FSD then you are on 10.2 and aren’t holding out too much hope for a Christmas upgrade
Again you are conflating UI v10.2 with the FSD Beta software. (almost) All Tesla's have the v10.2 UI and has NOTHING to do with the FSD Beta nomenclature.

So for me I'm v10.2 (as is everyone else) with 2021.36.8.8 firmware and 10.5 FSD Beta.

Hope to get v10.2 with 2021.44.5.5(?) firmware and 10.8 FSD Beta(?).

EDIT: Just to add the X-Mass update is in the 2021.44.x firmware. And it looks like 2021.44.6 (non Beta) is currently rolling out to a lot of Teslas.

Last edited:
Again you are conflating UI v10.2 with the FSD Beta software. (almost) All Tesla's have the v10.2 UI and has NOTHING to do with the FSD Beta nomenclature.

So for me I'm v10.2 (as is everyone else) with 2021.36.8.8 firmware and 10.5 FSD Beta.

EDIT: Just to add the X-Mass update is in the 2021.44.x firmware. And it looks like 2021.44.6 (non Beta) is currently rolling out to a lot of Teslas.

I just updated to 44.6 and this includes Beta people that are in the queue to get it. Still have safety score and im opted in still after the update.

I though this would have included all the live sentry mode updates but it does not.

Thank you, I didn’t realize that....so if you purchase FSD you don’t have a version number?

Heck, my wife is still on v1, no updates available, I don't think Elon can fix that
I remember back in the days of newspaper classified ads, I used to look at the vintage cars ads on Sunday. There was an ad that said
1961 Mercedes 190Db, 1949 Wife. I've been told one of them has to go. 520-xxx-xxxx​

I am still not seeing any activity on TeslaFi, did you mean TONIGHT, not last night?

I am confused by the designation 10.x vs 2021.40.x

Why not refer to it by the version you see when you look at your Tesla's software screen? I don't actually HAVE the FSD beta yet, so perhaps you actually see the 10.6.1 number when you look at your phone app, I don't know, why I asked.

I understand the confusion, but in this AI/FSD sub forum the FSD version is usually used. e.g. this thread titled 10.8.

The actual firmware release version is up to Tesla. It gets more perplexing in that there are two paths of updates, one for FSD beta testers and those who are not. Beta testers do see their current installed version number, but for others it can be a head scratcher.

Reactions: ContrarianDC
I've never liked Spotify's interface, and the fact they don't offer genre stations. It's rumored Apple Music is soon to be offered, but sadly it doesn't appear to be offered yet.
Looks like Spotify & YouTube music are the worst (ps : in terms of max quality).

1640116360404.png

I just updated to 44.6 and this includes Beta people that are in the queue to get it. Still have safety score and im opted in still after the update.

I though this would have included all the live sentry mode updates but it does not.

I'm in the same boat, but 44.6 DID include Live Sentry for me. Are you subscribed to Premium Connectivity? That's also a requirement.

I'm on FSD Beta 10.6.1 and 2021.36.8.10. Where do I find the UI version number?