Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those curious about UI versions:

There are older versions, but didn't feel like digging them up.
This image shows Model S/X UI v6 (2014), v7 (2015), v8 (2016), v9 (2018), left to right.
1640136533042.png

Model 3 first production models ran v8 and very shortly after got v9.
v10 came out in late 2019. And we're about to get v11 any day now.

FSD beta version numbering was a bit cryptic at first. I believe the current versioning numbers started with v8 Dec 2020. Then in Jul 2021, v9 was released. The current version, v10 was released in Sept 2021, and the safety score generation of testers started getting access with 10.2 on Oct 11, 2021. As others have said, it's somewhat of a coincidence that the current UI version briefly matched the FSD version (10.2).

Firmware versioning just uses Tesla's internal build number. [YEAR].[WEEK#].[MAJOR].[MINOR]. Ex: 2021.36.8.10

Wouldn’t it be cool if Elon would always give the wrong time frames but by days or months ahead so then when they deliver late (but early) we would all be like HOLY CRAP UPDATE CAME EARLY!!!

It's more like the family that you give a different time to for events so they get there on time.. Because you know their average "lateness" ..

"Two weeks" and it will be 🔥🔥🔥 .. It's either genius or unnecessary frustrations but Tesla doesn't do PR.

For those curious about UI versions:

There are older versions, but didn't feel like digging them up.
This image shows Model S/X UI v6 (2014), v7 (2015), v8 (2016), v9 (2018), left to right.
View attachment 746867

Model 3 first production models ran v8 and very shortly after got v9.
v10 came out in late 2019. And we're about to get v11 any day now.

FSD beta version numbering was a bit cryptic at first. I believe the current versioning numbers started with v8 Dec 2020. Then in Jul 2021, v9 was released. The current version, v10 was released in Sept 2021, and the safety score generation of testers started getting access with 10.2 on Oct 11, 2021. As others have said, it's somewhat of a coincidence that the current UI version briefly matched the FSD version (10.2).

Firmware versioning just uses Tesla's internal build number. [YEAR].[WEEK#].[MAJOR].[MINOR]. Ex: 2021.36.8.10
If only Tesla understood how good that old UI was 🤷🏻
They could just call v6 as v11 and I would gladly accept it. It was practical and lot of icon placement made sense (like calendar on main UI), dual interchangeable apps etc.
I still don’t understand why do I have to look at the gigantic car when charging? Make the damn browser full screen when parked!