Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may be slightly mixing up the software build process from the delivery mechanism. Itā€™s possible that Tesla uses deltas between versions to reduce bandwidth when they send out updates. Those would not be car specific but rather version specific as in M3 2021.36.5 -> M3 2021.46.5. The car would then ā€˜assembleā€™ the new release from the version it has plus the delta. There would be some type of checksum process as well to verify that the end result is right. If a vehicle was on a way off track release, it may just have to pull down the whole thing. Itā€™s also entirely possible that they donā€™t do anything like that.

For examples of stuff like this, see DeltaRPM that is used by some Linux distros.
You are right, I was wrong. Totally didn't think about the delivery process and DRPM.

Reactions: n.one.one
Iā€™ll wager two bits on not initially. Perhaps a ā€œP2ā€ like release that adds holiday ā€œfunā€. But, only if 10.8 is on the 2021.40 or .46 branches.

I can see it either way. The fact that Elon decided to skip 10.7,10.8 got delayed a bit and appears to be released at the same time as the holiday update, could mean that Tesla decided to roll the V11 features into 10.8 since the two updates were ready. And Tesla would probably want to give the holiday update to FSD beta testers at the same time. But FSD Beta is a separate branch that has focused on FSD Beta only features. So it is also possible that 10.8 is just FSD Beta stuff and the V11 features will come in a separate update.

We don't know. We will have to wait until someone posts the release notes for 10.8.
Iā€™ll wager two bits on not initially. Perhaps a ā€œP2ā€ like release that adds holiday ā€œfunā€. But, only if 10.8 is on the 2021.40 or .46 branches.
Looks like they are making a special effort to get everyone holiday updates. My guess has been that 10.8 = 10.7 + holiday updates. There are some apparent insider comments on Reddit / Twitter supporting that. Weā€™ll know today.

Yeah, thatā€™s what my parents made us do after sitting in front of the TV for an hour so we wouldnā€™t ruin our eyes!
I remember my dad getting a color TV, neighbors were coming over to see it. I also remember going with him to the RCA store with a padded box of vacuum tubes to run thru their tube tester. Iā€™m pretty old but it is shocking how far we have advanced. My dad had a TV remote that was not IR or RF, it actually was something like a bellows the button (only had one button I recall) that compressed and blew a ultrasonic whistle that made the TV go up one channel. Not worth much since we only had 3 channels. Enough nostalgia, now where is my flying car.

I remember my dad getting a color TV, neighbors were coming over to see it. I also remember going with him to the RCA store with a padded box of vacuum tubes to run thru their tube tester. Iā€™m pretty old but it is shocking how far we have advanced. My dad had a TV remote that was not IR or RF, it actually was something like a bellows the button (only had one button I recall) that compressed and blew a ultrasonic whistle that made the TV go up one channel. Not worth much since we only had 3 channels. Enough nostalgia, now where is my flying car.
I think Magnavox used the ultrasonic whistles powered by bellows off the pushbuttons. Zenith used tuning-fork rods plucked by the button presses. At our house though, we did not have a remote with the brand-new Zenith Chromacolor. We cobbled together a surplus rheostat and a switch in an open scrapwood frame with a long grey-jacketed cable to control the sound. But to change the channel you had to get off your rump. I will say however that the huge 25" color TV came in a styled furniture-grade cabinet. The choice of that was almost as important as the technical ins and outs of phosphor masks, chassis layout and crystal-locked tuning.

Dude, as a self-professed Nintendo fanboy, I take offense to that comment - Sonic is Sega, not Nintendo! Don't get me wrong, I love me some Sonic too...but that's not a Nintendo game šŸ™‚

Rant over šŸ˜„

Nintendo vs Sega... man time flies.

My kids are playing the NES games (via emulator) I played at their current age. I was a bit mindblown by that. I would have assumed they would have been like, "man that's a granny's game." But OG Zelda and Metroid.... still super fun. and challenging.

Reactions: VanFriscia
Yep. It was a striker against some kind of metal - maybe ferrite or a magnet. That is where the word "clicker" came from in referring to TV remotes. Never needed batteries.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner