Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are a little optimistic on what beta 10.8 is..
Trying to be positive with each release, all I want is phantom braking to be gone, rest can take time to evolve. My girl doesnā€™t even use AP on her MYLR because of phantom braking. I donā€™t know why Elon swears by vision only. I had 0 AP issues with radar, it all started on FSD with vision only.

Trying to be positive with each release, all I want is phantom braking to be gone, rest can take time to evolve. My girl doesnā€™t even use AP on her MYLR because of phantom braking. I donā€™t know why Elon swears by vision only. I had 0 AP issues with radar, it all started on FSD with vision only.
Unfortunately Phantom braking will be the last to be gone .. ofcourse they can reduce it a great deal progressively ...

I could care less about a holiday release but damn Elonā€¦.. get your timelines right
So you want a holiday release?šŸ˜‚

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 5.49.45 PM.png

So you want a holiday release?šŸ˜‚

View attachment 747145
that is so accurate. With these holiday releases it would be nice to see them before family time, but in practice even if I get it tomorrow I probably will be spending time with family, opening presents, eat too much chocolate to do more than maybe read the release notes - so somewhere between "A little" and Zero

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I've hit those kind of stretches where every 10 sec there's phantom breaking as well. And it's repeatable at the same time of day. Seems like the shadows fool it.
I can also confirm in my neighborhood on a 35 mph 1 mile stretch, I get no less than 8 slowdowns in either direction. At night it go down to around 3. Lead cars or none. Driving me nutz.... pun intended

Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
I'll also say that trying to get whimsical hesitations on video is next to impossible. Not because it's hard to be recording while one happens, it's that visually the deceleration is impossible to see, and the speed rarely drops 1mph. It's something you feel.

For example, going from slightly accelerating to zero accelerating (the whimsical hesitation), and then resume slightly accelerating, you feel it acutely, but the speedometer will show a number that was slightly increasing over time to holding steady for less than a second, and then slightly increasing again. And you're not going to notice that by watching how fast the bushes are going by.