Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I've never been one of those neurotic Tesla owners constantly checking the app to see if an update is here...until now! It's not so much that I want all those features, but as I noted in this past thread, my FSD was yanked from me with little to no warning. I want it back! And I want fewer nags, like the old days. And I want less phantom breaking. And, sure, I'd like all the other goodies! I hope we get it tonight, but I have this horrible suspicion that everyone will be at the party except for me. Oh, the pain!

Reactions: Ramphex
I used this app during the safety score period to give me a sense of what was hard braking or hard cornering. It's not very data-centric, but that's kinda overkill if you're just trying to show when the whimsical hesitations happen.

When you're on flat ground, hit calibrate and it will work. I found that sometimes I had to hit calibrate a few times before the dot aligned dead center. make sure the phone is mounted somewhere before hitting calibrate. angle of the phone doesn't matter.

Attach a phone to the screen. Run an accelerometer app on the phone.
That display would be so easy to record and sync to a base forward looking video in edit. Nice app! It looks like it runs on an android phone. Shooting video of the screen close could be easily done with a gopro camera.

I guess the question is - is 10.8 really better than 10.6.1 or is it more like 10.5->10.6 :oops:
Of course I'll take the customizable display and the other updates, especially editable waypoints.
Disregard what I said earlier, I may need to go for a drive over the holidays to test it out :D

In general, I don't find it good practice to release software to production right before a weekend or a gigantic holiday. If there's a serious bug, there's not a lot of engineers around to address the issue as efficiently. If they have to delay this thing till after Christmas, I'd be fine with that.
LOL. That’s for regular companies - not Tesla. Their engineers never take days off ;)

ps : they probably take the first week of Jan off. Also having people in the team for who Christmas is not a big deal helps. Don’t know why Tesla doesn’t have a team in India to help with this kind of thing like many companies I worked for ...

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Not a big deal but in the last couple of hours or so on Teslascope it appears they moved the 2 (employees???) over from 44.5.5 to 44.25.5.
At least Teslascope finally shows a version of 44.25, I've been wondering if it was real, given it was reported elsewhere but teslascope showed no cars at all. Still no 44.25.1 on Teslascope, even though there are reported release notes elsewhere.

At least Teslascope finally shows a version of 44.25, I've been wondering if it was real, given it was reported elsewhere but teslascope showed no cars at all. Still no 44.25.1 on Teslascope, even though there are reported release notes elsewhere.
44.6 is going out like crazy. Some speculated that 44.6 contains a lot of the 44.25 files and 44.25 could be a Delta.

Reactions: FSDtester#1