Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed that unsafe following was removed from the safety score criteria in the app? My score didn’t change but it is no longer on the list.
I was wondering about that. When I saw the post that said that the reset no longer works to "delete" a bad drive from your record, I was hoping that they had also improved it so that we wouldn't be penalized because some other driver jumped into our lane. That still leaves open the question of whether the standard for harsh braking has been changed. We shouldn't be penalized just because we had to stop quickly for a traffic light that changes just as we are approaching. I hope that this is a sign that they are adjusting the scoring to better reflect the real world.

My score right now is 99. At midnight tonight an old 96 score will drop off, and I will be at 100. I'm still on 32.22. I'm hoping (and expecting) that my next update will put me in the beta, so changes to the safety score won't matter much to me. But I still hope they will fix it so others don't have to be quite so timid in their driving.

I was wondering about that. When I saw the post that said that the reset no longer works to "delete" a bad drive from your record, I was hoping that they had also improved it so that we wouldn't be penalized because some other driver jumped into our lane. That still leaves open the question of whether the standard for harsh braking has been changed. We shouldn't be penalized just because we had to stop quickly for a traffic light that changes just as we are approaching. I hope that this is a sign that they are adjusting the scoring to better reflect the real world.

My score right now is 99. At midnight tonight an old 96 score will drop off, and I will be at 100. I'm still on 32.22. I'm hoping (and expecting) that my next update will put me in the beta, so changes to the safety score won't matter much to me. But I still hope they will fix it so others don't have to be quite so timid in their driving.
My unsafe following is still there after the public holiday update.

My score right now is 99. At midnight tonight an old 96 score will drop off, and I will be at 100. I'm still on 32.22.
That was my case with our Model Y since September. I opted out last week and within seconds we got the update to 36.5.1 while Tesla was sending out 44.6. Disappointing! So, now we wait for 44.25.2.

My Model S is on beta 10.6.1 but I see there seems to be a halt on all Model S updates except 2021's. I wonder if they discovered problems with the vertical screen display.

The only thing that seems consistent with Tesla beta and software updates is how inconsistent and random it is. Evaluating the various versions in play must be a nightmare. Seems like there is no leadership running the program. It is amazing that anything gets done at all.

Reactions: oliphant428
Looks like a pretty standard FSD Beta release as Tesla has been doing them, maybe delayed a little to be closer to Christmas or because they focused on the public release first early in the week. Pattern seems fairly common:
1) Elon estimates rollout day
2) It either starts rolling out around midnight Pacific at the end of that day, or they delay a day or two, or week for fixes.
3) It rolls to a few internal testers on that day
4) If problems, it goes back to (2) and maybe delay a day or two if we are lucky. One of the previous releases was held a week though.
5) If internal looks good, it releases to about 100-200 more people. Either next day or sometimes same day.
6) If still looking good, it starts to roll to large group next day after that.
7) Sometimes wider rollout takes another day after that. With the inclusion of some older 10.5 people this time, this one may be a couple day rollout, I'd guess.

My Model S is on beta 10.6.1 but I see there seems to be a halt on all Model S updates except 2021's. I wonder if they discovered problems with the vertical screen display.

There is a chart of which features in the holiday update apply to each model:

1640368350849.png

Coming from the blog post about the update:

There is a chart of which features in the holiday update apply to each model:

View attachment 747953

Coming from the blog post about the update:

Nice chart but I was mentioning observation on the halt of earlier Model S 44.25.6 release. However, I see those have resumed again but just a couple. Plenty of Plaids being updated. Maybe I'll see it before the end of the day on mine.

Since you posted that chart- What is the meaning of Intel Atom Processor as opposed to a check mark? I saw on actual release notes for Edit Waypoints listed for Model S and X. on 44.25.6

Last edited:
Nice chart but I was mentioning observation on the halt of earlier Model S 44.25.6 release. However, I see those have resumed again but just a couple. Plenty of Plaids being updated. Maybe I'll see it before the end of the day on mine.

Since you posted that chart- What is the meaning of Intel Atom Processor as opposed to a check mark? I saw on actual release notes for Edit Waypoints listed for Model S and X. on 44.25.6

Older legacy Model S/X's with MCU1 have Nvidia processors, as opposed to Intel Atom processors on newer S/X models.