Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked out the new UI improvements. Nice! Does anyone know how to display supercharger locations? I don't see the button anymore. Also, Hulu still doesn't work for me? Am I the only one? Would service fix it? Thanks!

Yes, Tesla removed the button to toggle the Supercharger overlay. It's been the topic of some discussion among MS refresh owners for a while. ...I believe they appear in at certain map zoom levels only?

Last edited:
Reactions: kashian
Just took my first drive with 10.8. Only about ten miles, so not really enough to form an educated opinion yet, just initial observations...

Overall, I'm not a fan of the UI changes. I know that UI is a highly subjective thing, so some guys are gonna love it, some are gonna hate it. I happen to fall in the latter category. One of my pet peeves is when a control that used to take one button push to activate now requires multiple button pushes to achieve the same functionality, and this UI change is chock FULL of these instances. In fact, there's too many of them to mention. Hopefully, the customizable dock will mitigate that somewhat... haven't had a chance to play with that yet, so that's still TBD.

As far as actual driving is concerned, 10.8 happened to be very, very smooth on my short drive. Stopping at both stop signs and traffic lights was much smoother. Unprotected lefts feel like a major regression, though; be extra careful with this version when making unprotected lefts, gents. Right turns are better however. The car still waits too long to start to move after the car in front of you starts to move. Following distance is really good. Automatic speed based lane changes are smooth as silk. The car also didn't try to move around cars in front of us when stopped at a traffic light where it would *always* attempt to do exactly that on previous beta versions; really nice improvement there. The car didn't take its half out of the middle on the unpainted roads we took today, either. We didn't drive enough unpainted roads to be able to say definitively that they've solved the problem, but it was enough to at least show some improvement on some unpainted roads.

I also didn't have a problem with a ton of cabin camera induced nags, but I was wearing sun glasses, which has always mitigated that problem in the past. So no idea what'll happen without sun glasses yet.

Again, this was a pretty short drive, but even so, I'm more optimistic about this being the first version with really noticeable improvements in driving characteristics since I got 10.2.

I've saved the best improvement for last...

Today's drive was over a stretch of road where in the past I'd get multiple phantom braking/slowing events. MULTIPLE! And consistently so, too; this wasn't an area where it was a coin toss of whether your were going to get PB events, you KNEW your were going to get them, every time.

I'm extremely happy to report that I got exactly ZERO phantom braking/slowing events on this drive. My wife and I both were completely amazed.

I can't wait to vet this out a bit further with more miles, as this really does seem like a "new and improved!" version of FSD Beta. It feels like real and true progress.

As much as I hate the UI changes, the driving changes more than make up for it. And the UI is a work in progress, too, so I'm sure there will be a lot more changes to it still to come. But for now, yeah... I really dislike the UI changes. It's always a trade off... less screen clutter vs. one button functionality. IMO, they went a bit overboard trying to clean up the screen clutter, moving far too much one-push functionality in the name of a cleaner screen. Gotta find that happy medium of functionality vs screen clutter, and this ain't it.

But for the first time, this actually feels like real progress, and that's exciting IMO.

I was one of the original 1000 100 scores on my model 3 that got the beta. I traded it in and got a new s and have been sitting with a 100 score since December 2nd with no beta love :/ and just got the holiday update so looks like no beta for me this round as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
Is it true that wiping the memory no longer nullifies a particular drive's SS since this holiday update? Will need to drive extra carefully if that is the case up until 10.8 starts getting pushed to non-FSD cars. Been at 99 for a while but one phantom forward collision warning and I believe I'd drop down.

Got 10.8. I'll echo the statements above about the improvements. They are incremental, but noticeable.

Lots of expected controversy about the UI changes. Personally, I love the new look. Everything is there. Some of the items (eg tire pressure, driver profiles) take an extra button push. But in every case, these are settings/panels that you would maybe once or rarely during a drive. No need to have them instantly available, at least for me.

A brief review of auto park. MUCH more useful now. I went to a local Kaiser outpatient facility - large parking lot in various stages of maintenance and very few parked cars owing to the holiday. It found spots all over the lot, some with without cars straddling the spot and some with cars straddling the space. You no longer wait for the "P" icon to pop up when it spots a possible spot. Just stop near the spot you want, put it into reverse and you should see a "start" button.

Caveat - it's all about the painted lines. If they are faded, it probably won't find the spot. Also, some lots are set up with shorter painted lines than others. The lot that I used had all three types, and the lanes with shorter painted lines or faded lines would not engage auto park.

I'm a little torn. Some parts of the new update I really really like , and some parts are a little annoying. So far, I really like the blind spot camera, a lot more than I thought I would. But I've only been able to use it in daylight so I don't know how annoying the turn signal flash will be if they haven't figured out some way to filter that out at night.

I actually really miss the cards I could swipe to on the left side of the screen. I liked swiping to bring up the card showing the energy efficiency for the trip, and am not a fan of having to go to the trip sub menu to see that info. Not a huge deal, but annoying. I do like being able to swipe to full screen the FSD screen and back, but I would prefer it far more if I could customize the exact size I want, including making the map and camera views larger if I want to.

I kind of like the customizable icon bar, but I wish I could put more than 4 icons there. And removing the heated seats icon and putting it under the climate control menu is super annoying. Let us be able to add more icons onto the bar and give us a heated seats icon too, please.

Reactions: Phlier
One thing I've liked so far is that it really does seem like Beta uses Regen more than ever before, or at least that's what it looked like from looking at the Regen bar. Short drives only, so far, and none on my long and steep downhill portion for my daily drives, so who knows if it will be enough for me to stop disengaging to maximize Regen, but so far it looks good.

Just noticed I can't seem to bring up the supercharger map overlay anymore, which is really annoying.

Has anyone with 100/99 that has not gotten beta in the past receive it yet? Seems like rollout is only for existing beta and no new invites yet.
Yes, that's my situation. But about 2% of the installations today have gone to cars that were not in the beta before, so they are adding new participants. It was more like 10% earlier, but more of the later installs have been to existing beta participants.

Last edited:
Just checked out the new UI improvements. Nice! Does anyone know how to display supercharger locations? I don't see the button anymore. Also, Hulu still doesn't work for me? Am I the only one? Would service fix it? Thanks!
It’s been in Navigation for a while with granular control of charging levels…
Chargers in the list will appear on the map
5A1F5F42-EC3F-45D9-8565-94CCE803E311.jpeg
36FCFB6A-78FB-4D2C-94FB-BA08E9695439.jpeg
BEA8797E-BDBE-4C64-95C1-300ABEDA0012.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A9C17FA-CC55-4C6E-9400-2982C5CD3DE5.jpeg
    0A9C17FA-CC55-4C6E-9400-2982C5CD3DE5.jpeg
    831.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 8F90CFC6-A2E4-4D0A-B797-951995BB32C2.jpeg
    8F90CFC6-A2E4-4D0A-B797-951995BB32C2.jpeg
    900.2 KB · Views: 29
I'm not a fan of the new UI. Most disliked is the AC. They moved the rear vents to the rear tab. This tab like always was a wasted space. They should move rear with the front and make it one page. I always hated going into the rear to turn on the rear heating seats. Extra button press when they could just design front and rear together on the same page.

Other areas have been moved too. They removes the cards so now I have to take my eyes off the road to press a small button to bring up trips, tire pressure, etc.

Many things take an extra button press now. Just because of the UI, I have not driven the car and tried 10.8 yet.

Reactions: Phlier