Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I really like the blind spot camera, a lot more than I thought I would. But I've only been able to use it in daylight so I don't know how annoying the turn signal flash will be if they haven't figured out some way to filter that out at night.
Just got home from work driving in rainy, Arizona darkness and can confirm that the blind spot camera is amazing in daytime and daytime only. The blinking is so obnoxious at night that I had to shut it off. I've got no idea how they could fix it or if it's even possible to fix, but I'd love a "daytime only" option

Very odd that so far this is a Model 3/Y only rollout. It's nearly 9pm eastern, and according to TeslaFi only 3 Model S, and zero Model X have received the update. Meanwhile nearly 1,500 3/Y are happily self driving around on 2021.44.25.6.

Wonder what the hold up is for these cars.

• Informative
Reactions: ContrarianDC
Very odd that so far this is a Model 3/Y only rollout. It's nearly 9pm eastern, and according to TeslaFi only 3 Model S, and zero Model X have received the update. Meanwhile nearly 1,500 3/Y are happily self driving around on 2021.44.25.6.

I'm seeing 93 S, with another 27 in process of updating, and 2 X with the holiday update. Another 25 Ss have the holiday update + FSD 10.8.

But I don't think the holiday update has been released to any vehicles with a vertical screen yet. (Even though the blog says that they should be getting it.)

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Just got home from work driving in rainy, Arizona darkness and can confirm that the blind spot camera is amazing in daytime and daytime only. The blinking is so obnoxious at night that I had to shut it off. I've got no idea how they could fix it or if it's even possible to fix, but I'd love a "daytime only" option
Sorry, could you explain a bit more about the obnoxious blinking problem you're seeing?

Sorry, could you explain a bit more about the obnoxious blinking problem you're seeing?
I haven’t used it at night yet, but if you’ve ever brought up the rear view camera with the side cameras up at night in an area without a lot of ambient light, you’d notice that when you turn on your blinker, the side camera on that side is bathed in red light every time the turn signal blinks. Sounds like that hasn’t been fixed.

Reactions: planetary
I haven’t used it at night yet, but if you’ve ever brought up the rear view camera with the side cameras up at night in an area without a lot of ambient light, you’d notice that when you turn on your blinker, the side camera on that side is bathed in red light every time the turn signal blinks. Sounds like that hasn’t been fixed.

Exactly that.

Older legacy Model S/X's with MCU1 have Nvidia processors, as opposed to Intel Atom processors on newer S/X models.
Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure.

One thing I do see is that currently only one Model S LR+ beta got updated in Indiana on TeslaFi logging. There was one non-beta that got updated too. Compared to the number of Model Y's and 3's it seems Model S is getting delayed. More in LR and Plaids but very few S roll-outs.

Last edited:

I have a MS Plaid running beta 10.4 and still am stuck on 2021.36.8.6. Very frustrating as I wanted to show some of the new features while at a family Christmas party tonight. Located in Chicago area.

Anyone tried it with FSD ? What happens if that is off - does the car just go straight ?

If it's off, and you get on a highway, the car won't exit off the highway by itself. Once you manually maneuver off the highway, FSD beta kicks in and does its thing. Basically it enables or disables classic NoA. Not sure if that button will be necessary once on single stack. If it's still there, maybe it's yet another way to disengage FSD.

I got 2021.44.25.2 (holiday update, no FSD). earlier today. My MYLR is about 3 weeks old and I signed up for FSD beta on day one and I have a 99 safety score. I just downloaded 2021.44.25.6 (which I understand is FSD beta 10.8) and it’s installing now. Looks like they’re letting new testers into FSD beta now.

Reactions: K5TRX
I got 2021.44.25.2 (holiday update, no FSD). earlier today. My MYLR is about 3 weeks old and I signed up for FSD beta on day one and I have a 99 safety score. I just downloaded 2021.44.25.6 (which I understand is FSD beta 10.8) and it’s installing now. Looks like they’re letting new testers into FSD beta now.

Ahhh! Nice!! That's good to know! Unfortunately, mine is only 3 days old right now. I am in the que and I have a 100, but I think you have to have driven for at least 7 days based on what musk tweeted when we first started the whole safety score thing!

Did you get newly added to beta or upgraded to beta? I just got my plaid 3 days ago. Enrolled in FSD que again; they didn’t transfer my FSD beta from model S to Plaid. I’m at 100 score. Wondering when they’ll push to new plaids :)
I was added to beta over a month ago and have had 1-2 FSD updates in that period. Got the Plaid in August, signed up for FSD Beta on day one the enroll button was launched.

Reactions: FSDtester#1