Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what do you get by opting out? Why don't you just turn off FSD and use it as if it is on just normal AP and keep getting FSD updates when they come. When the public branch actually gets ahead of FSD again I would understand the argument better and if there's a killer feature you want that you can't yet get with FSD then it makes more sense to me.
Even if you turn off FSD beta it still uses vision only for AP and that was a deal breaker for me. It made my highway AP useless, I guess because of no radar 🤷🏻
Vision only is just not good enough for high speed traffic. Also that 10.3.1? update fiasco was a scary experience for me and my family. I was driving on highway at 70+ with two little kids and AP just decided to slam on brakes twice with nobody around me.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Sorry, pal. You definitely got the 44.25 update with the new UI but your VIN isn't enrolled in the beta program yet.

The "request FSD" Button goes away and it's replaced by this:

View attachment 748261
You're looking for 2021.44.25.6.
What about my update?
Try the ole two Ti**y reset. Some folks had that issue before with 10.4.
same situation for me too! And a reset did not work!

Attachments

• 85B206CE-8666-4482-B7C8-99DAB834DB0E.jpeg
    85B206CE-8666-4482-B7C8-99DAB834DB0E.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 96
  • 4349DBBC-B0E5-4F00-B8C2-4EA70A207BEB.jpeg
    4349DBBC-B0E5-4F00-B8C2-4EA70A207BEB.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 51FB0833-D3EE-42F5-8AE7-2FE8954A596F.jpeg
    51FB0833-D3EE-42F5-8AE7-2FE8954A596F.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: K5TRX
Even if you turn off FSD beta it still uses vision only for AP and that was a deal breaker for me. It made my highway AP useless, I guess because of no radar 🤷🏻
Vision only is just not good enough for high speed traffic. Also that 10.3.1? update fiasco was a scary experience for me and my family. I was driving on highway at 70+ with two little kids and AP just decided to slam on brakes twice with nobody around me.
Got it, I stand corrected. I have a late 2021 MYP so I have only had the vision only and have been restricted to 80 MPH max on AP from the beginning and I don't know anything else since I never owned a Tesla before this one.

That will do it.

I was driving on highway at 70+ with two little kids and AP just decided to slam on brakes twice with nobody around me.
Unless I am actively showing someone where FSD currently stands, I don't use it ever when others are in the car. It's beta! And a scary one at that. Using it with little kids in the car is asking for trouble. I don't often have passengers, but when I do I'm always in control of the vehicle. The FSD beta as it currently stands is too much of a wildcard when it comes to driving ability, and I don't want to be liable if it makes the worst decision at the worst possible time with others in the car. They didn't choose to be a part of the beta, I did.

Got it, I stand corrected. I have a late 2021 MYP so I have only had the vision only and have been restricted to 80 MPH max on AP from the beginning and I don't know anything else since I never owned a Tesla before this one.
I have an early 2021 MY with radar and so I was able to compare the AP with vision only FSD beta on my usual route. There are other drawbacks of vision only in other threads but it also made auto high beams useless (constant on off on off).

Reactions: K5TRX
Unless I am actively showing someone where FSD currently stands, I don't use it ever when others are in the car. It's beta! And a scary one at that. Using it with little kids in the car is asking for trouble. I don't often have passengers, but when I do I'm always in control of the vehicle. The FSD beta as it currently stands is too much of a wildcard when it comes to driving ability, and I don't want to be liable if it makes the worst decision at the worst possible time with others in the car. They didn't choose to be a part of the beta, I did.
FSD beta was off that day and I never used it if I had passengers. I made a separate profile for FSD beta so it was easy to turn it off and use when I was alone.
That happened with vision only AP. That update should not have come out. Phantom braking persisted even though AP was completely off.

Yes it is enabled.
I had the same issue this morning. I showed the new s/w version, no longer had ss, but still showed the “Request FSD Beta” button and didn’t have FSD. Tried the two ti**y reset w/ and w/o foot on the brake, putting it into deep sleep, the “Power Off” button reset, all to no avail. Finally for the second time doing the two ti**y reset w/ a foot on the brake and it showed up. Signed off on the consent form on the screen and we were off to the races. It appeared it wasn’t actually resetting my system the other times I tried. Never had that happen before, but if you keep trying you should get it.

Merry Christmas! Safety Score - 97, just got and installed 2021.44.25.6! MYLR
Could not resist a short (15 mile) jaunt around the neighbourhood. Worked quite well, a little too far to the left where no median stripe, rather slow and jerky on left or right turns from a stop sign, one sudden slowdown, one failure to stay in lane on sharp right turn. I ended up turning down the +5mph setting to run at speed limit for comfort. Takes far more concentration on my part than if I was driving. Great for highway trips but only a toy on suburban or city roads. IMHO.

I received 2021.44.25.6 last night. Was not part of beta program prior. Delayed hitting the button in my September Build MS Plaid because I wanted to have a little fun first before dealing with the safety score.
Noticed an odd anomaly with the audio balance settings. (No interior image)
Although you could move the dot around to change the balance.
A double scroll wheel reset resolve the issue. Took this photo first. Anybody else have this?
View attachment 748244
Yes I have the same lack of interior display on 2021 MSP. Adjusting balance works ok, but no a reset did not bring back the interior background.?

I had the same issue this morning. I showed the new s/w version, no longer had ss, but still showed the “Request FSD Beta” button and didn’t have FSD. Tried the two ti**y reset w/ and w/o foot on the brake, putting it into deep sleep, the “Power Off” button reset, all to no avail. Finally for the second time doing the two ti**y reset w/ a foot on the brake and it showed up. Signed off on the consent form on the screen and we were off to the races. It appeared it wasn’t actually resetting my system the other times I tried. Never had that happen before, but if you keep trying you should get it.
I’m trying that now. Foot on brake, and holding down both steering wheel toggles. Let’s see what happens.

Reactions: elindley01
When I got home I noticed the safety score was still in the app and scored me an 89 on that drive because of the one braking event which probably lasted less than two seconds. I thought the safety score was supposed to disappear? I guess the score doesn't matter now but can't believe it dinged me that bad for just trying to be extra safe and manually braking that one time.

The FSD was dinged, not you. ;)

Does FSD enabled auto high beams feature behave differently on freeways than non-FSD ?
You know that you can turn off auto high beams if you want, right? NOA will always turn them on when it starts, but if you turn them off it will leave them off.

I haven't tried them in FSD, so I don't know if that's the same. I hope so, otherwise it won't be worth much at night.

Reactions: FSDtester#1