Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have FSD go in reverse without warning? I canceled FSD and about to make a left turn red light waiting for green. As soon as it changes green I hit the gas pedal and it goes in reverse and give me and my wife a surprise whip lash not expecting it to go backwards luckily not smashing into the car behind me. I had adrenaline rushing and looked at the screen and shifted into drive. Later on I recall not hearing the reverse sound nor did I see the reverse camera. This is the most frightening FSD experience so far. I have it captured on dashcam, not sure who to send to.
Did you cancel FSD by pushing up on the stalk? if you were stopped and pushed too far, that would put you into reverse.

Horizontal rather than vertical screen. I'm hoping the vertical screen doesn't prevent the blindside camera view.
Considering the driver,(binnacle) screen is also there, it shouldn't constrain the center screen too badly.

Maybe they can even get the blind-spot display up high which would be better than down low. Or better yet, on the driver screen - since there's no evidence they're moving to provide dedicated screens to prepare for elimination of the exterior mirrors.

Reactions: AtomicD0G
I guess us Refresh S folks didn’t get the ANC / ANR in the Christmas FSD 10.8 update 🤷🏻‍♂️ Was actually looking forward to that 😏
I have that setting in my audio settings. I don’t know if it actually does anything though. Can’t tell the difference toggling it on and off while driving 🤔

View attachment 749010
FYI
Toggle is in the options panel in Audio Settings.
Don't have the toggle for Active Road Noise Reduction. Also my passenger vent is constantly on after the update as well as the rear screen is always on, both while driving not while charging etc.

Any one else with a Refresh S, possibly a LR not Plaid issue, not seeing the ANR and passenger vents staying active with no passenger after installing 2021.44.25.6

This is hilarious, Apple spends $500 billion to get a controlling interest in Tesla. How much money has Tesla spend to get to this point? a fraction(small fraction) of that. Apple could spend 10% of that and end up with just as much manufacturing facilities as Tesla in 5 years. Lucid has already proven than more efficient motor designs are out there . A few billion will get you 95% of the battery development. The charging infrastructure is a couple of billion more.
I agree that Apple buying Tesla is silly but not for the reason stated. You can’t throw money at the car manufacturing issue and boom you’re making cars. the logistical effort to build cars on a massive scale in enormous. esablishing the supply chains alone can take years. Not to mention building and finding the facilities while navigating the politics and environmental regulations. did I mention there’s a massive shortage of raw rare earth minerals needed for batteries? Tesla has had more money then car orders for years… it’s been the logistics hat have hampered their growth. Apple simply isn’t a car company for all the reasons I’ve listed above and I don’t imagine they want to be a car company because no matter how much capital you have.. it’s a hurculean feat. As a smarter person the. Me once said . You can t throw 9 doctors in a room and make a baby in a month. And For that reason Apple will be looking for strategic relationships.. not car manufacturing.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Was driving on an interstate highway this AM just using autopilot. A State Trooper had a car pulled over with its lights flashing. My car slowed from 70 (speed limit) down to 55 and flashed a pop up that said something to the effect of “slowing for emergency vehicle”. Is this new in 10.8 as I don’t recall encountering it before today?

Reacting to emergency lights was added in the mainstream release a couple months back, it's possible it didn't' make it into the Beta stack till now.

Was driving on an interstate highway this AM just using autopilot. A State Trooper had a car pulled over with its lights flashing. My car slowed from 70 (speed limit) down to 55 and flashed a pop up that said something to the effect of “slowing for emergency vehicle”. Is this new in 10.8 as I don’t recall encountering it before today?
Was it still dark out. I thought this only worked at night.

My goal at this point is just to get a bit familiar with FSD, but so far it has not been very cooperative.
I tried it again this morning. Within 5 seconds after engaging, it began screaming at me to take control immediately, even though I was on an open road with plenty of daylight, good visibility, and no other traffic around. I disengaged (of course), and then tried it again. I keep rolling the max speed down, and it keeps pushing it back up. It seems to love to accelerate up to a turn and then jam on the brakes at the last minute. And this is in "Chill" mode.

I can't help but wonder what Safety Score FSD would get if it were being graded. :) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get invited to the beta.