Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is there a manual online for how to use FSD and what errors to report? I know we should hit the camera icon in the title area to report a failure, but just anything? I tried to start from a standstill and the mirrors folded in and the brakes engaged but the car was still trying to proceed, is that a bug? No manual to read and figure out what to expect.
I was looking for same.
After searching TMC for any documentation on FSD with no success, I Found this video and others by searching “FSD Beta Tutorial” in YouTube.
Really great…

I got 2021.44.25.6, which has FSD Beta. I like the new UI on the vertical screen. I have not had trouble finding anything or reading anything. Have not had a chance to drive it yet.
I also have no trouble reading V11 on my vertical screen but it is very annoying not having the climate buttons along the bottom. Buttons you access multiple times per drive should not require navigation, just a press. My wife is even more annoyed by the change. Voice commands may work but a parent gets tired telling the car to do something and then have to explain to the children in the back seat you are not talking to them.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Voice commands may work but a parent gets tired telling the car to do something and then have to explain to the children in the back seat you are not talking to them.
That's funny, never thought of that issue. My issue is that my wife will start talking right when I press the voice button.. Doh. I guess I could say something first but usually my car figures it out anyways (somehow).

Buttons you access multiple times per drive should not require navigation, just a press. My wife is even more annoyed by the change.
It’s one more tap. Just tap temperature.

Voice commands may work but a parent gets tired telling the car to do something and then have to explain to the children in the back seat you are not talking to them.
I’ve to get used to voice commands - that’s the future. We do too many things in the car now to have buttons for things we do multiple times per drive.

Tesla should have an always open mic that listens to keywords like Alexa does, instead of me having to press a button.

“Tesla, switch on the defog”.

It’s one more tap. Just tap temperature.

I’ve to get used to voice commands - that’s the future. We do too many things in the car now to have buttons for things we do multiple times per drive.

Tesla should have an always open mic that listens to keywords like Alexa does, instead of me having to press a button.

“Tesla, switch on the defog”.
Classic glass half empty/full

One persons view: it is only one extra press

Me: it doubles the number of presses

Both are correct 🤓

I hope not... While pressing the button can be annoying, the car calling your boss (for instance) when you mention their name... It's the future if butt dialing...
Why would you say “Tesla, call John Doe”, if that is not the intention ? Just saying “John Doe is stupid“ will not call him.

ps: I think we should take this to another thread. It’s getting way OT.

Reactions: TravelFree
Last night 3 different times my car abruptly moved left while driving on a straight road. I wouldn't call it a swerve but it moved left suddenly as if to avoid something like a car on the side of the road but there was nothing there. The first time I immediately took over by tensing my arm, the second there were no cars around and I let it play out, it crossed the yellow (maybe about 1/3 of the car) then came back abruptly, 3rd time there was a car coming so I couldn't let it play out. One of the times there were boxes out to someone's trash at the side of the road but it was in no way in the road or even right at the edge and wasn't moving in anyway the other 2 times there was no objects there (I don't remember if there was a mailbox or not). I did notice on the screen it seems to be displaying a lot more humans that aren't there, it seems to be mistaking plastic mailboxes for humans much more often. This hasn't happened during the day so far.
That’s happened to me on my suburb streets a couple of times on garbage day with bins on the side of the road. I saw out of the corner of my eye once on my screen that for some reason the car had the bins placed pretty far out into the road and had the tentacle going around them, which explained the (attempted, I took over) swerve, but not why it thought bins that were, in reality, up against the curb were instead located in the middle of the street.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Classic glass half empty/full

One persons view: it is only one extra press

Me: it doubles the number of presses

Both are correct 🤓
This is my baseline - have buttons for things you have to do quickly. Things that can be done slowly don’t need a single button except for convenience - and that needs to be configurable.

All this will anyway be history once Tesla makes basic functions available as pinnable actions, rather than just apps.