Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Phantom braking isn’t going to be solved until FSD is solved. You get phantom braking because of errors in the car’s prescription and understanding of its local environment. If it can do that flawlessly then FSD is solved and implicitly so will phantom braking.
This seems to be a bit oversimplified. Since reality is infinitely complex, it is not possible to identify all relevant aspects of it perfectly. For example, our eyes, as well as the cameras in the car, cannot always recognize all things perfectly.
Exactly. I experience phantom braking as a passenger in my wife's Honda all the time.

This rollout seems very slow.

Only about 200 out of the 2300ish FSD Beta cars on TeslaFi have gotten the push so far.
The rollout is actually pretty consistent with what we've seen recently. The release first goes to Tesla employees and then the next batch goes out to the public beta testers. Once they have had a day or so of validating the build the release gets pushed out to other users. This is where we are now so hopefully later today and tomorrow we'll see larger batches of 10.9 go out.

Last edited:
Just got it. On the first drive I pressed the record button four times in ten minutes.

1: for changing into a lane with a stopped car and almost running into it.

2: for going straight through an intersection it was supposed to turn at.

3: for trying to turn onto a street that was above while it was on an underpass.

4: for jerking into oncoming traffic after coming to the top of a hill.

I’ll wait for the next version before I test again. It may be getting better, but at this rate, we are not approaching the safety of a human driver on streets any time soon :(
This does not bode well for answering the burning $2,000 question

Need more videos

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get new versions late, apparently. Teslafi shows about 200 have got 10.9 (with 50 of those not yet installed). That is about 10% of total cars on Teslafi with FSD Beta ... sounds about right for an initial push. If they don't see issues, they will push to the rest tonight/tomorrow.

Reactions: Ramphex
I always get new versions late, apparently. Teslafi shows about 200 have got 10.9 (with 50 of those not yet installed). That is about 10% of total cars on Teslafi with FSD Beta ... sounds about right for an initial push. If they don't see issues, they will push to the rest tonight/tomorrow.

It’s a bit inconsistent it seems as 10.8 44.25.6 went out to ~1800 cars first day and dwindled after however 10.8.1 44.30.5 only released to ~150 cars first day then ramped. But maybe that was just to coincide with the holiday update hype and they pushed it quicker.

Yea I usually find myself to be a part of the second batch after the initial ~200