Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there's that use case out the window then....!
One day it will get there, and I can actually get some real drinks.. I was surprised how well FSD worked if I don't mind all the slow decisions and executions.

One part the car made a left turn and then changed lane to the left, but it needed to make a right turn to the freeway on ramp 1000 feet away. The car then changed lanes back to the right after it went to the left. No one was on the road so it was weird that it changed lanes when jt didn't need to.

It jerked the wheel a few times as I left the bar because the car couldn't find the center of the unpainted roads. I was afraid to get pulled over. I felt those motions would be something a driver under the influence would do.

It stopped at stop signs and took a long time to creep and make the turns. Something I felt drunks would do as well. Many stop signs, I had to give it a push to let the car know its okay to go. Once again, no cars were on the roads.

Overall, I felt confident that FSD could get me to the freeway, and to places I am familiar with. I allowed it to keep going to take me home. Only disengagement was NoAP where it put me in the most right lane when a car was merging into me. AP didn't give a F that a car will occupy my space soon if we kept the same trajectory.

My 10.9 FSD Beta still won't allow me to drive in FSD beta.

I was in some weird purgatory for a few weeks after getting my computer replaced. I had FSD beta before the replacement but afterwards I was stuck for a while on 10.2.

Yesterday I have been upgraded to 10.9 FSD beta but my car will not perform any of the FSD moves. I also still have the 90 mph speed limit in AP on the freeway.

It's sort of weird, but I am getting closer. This morning I tried turning off all the FSD beta settings and turning them all on again after checking the boxes. I also tried an MCU and the main contactor reset. I guess I will just continue to wait, at least my safety score is gone from the app.

The car(s) are not in the US so we do know it's not an FSD beta firmware (unless someone shipped a US car there 🦘).
TeslaScope shows world wide loads of 2021.44.30.11, so if you're looking at TeslaFi, that's why you don't see it. (Only 41 cars, and majority in Australia, but not all.) Makes me think we need an TeslaFi and TeslaScope aggregator!

Reactions: K5TRX and Acisplat
TeslaScope shows world wide loads of 2021.44.30.11, so if you're looking at TeslaFi, that's why you don't see it. (Only 41 cars, and majority in Australia, but not all.) Makes me think we need an TeslaFi and TeslaScope aggregator!
Even if a few cars outside the US have .11 it's not on the FSD beta branch. I have a subscription to TeslaFi and also look at the TeslaScope fleet page. They are generally in pretty good agreement as to the firmware mix that is extant.

I've also wonder why someone hasn't created an agregator page.

Reactions: K5TRX
My 10.9 FSD Beta still won't allow me to drive in FSD beta.
Did you see this thread? FSD 10.9 screen freezes and the software crashes
Couple other people had update issues, not quite the same as yours; but the turn off FSD like you did, and then drive for a while before turning on again, worked for the OP. The wheel size reset might be a good thing to try after that.

Reactions: K5TRX
From what I can see here, version 2021.44.30.11 appears to be rolling out to cars that were not previously on the FSD Beta track. It's safe to infer that this is a production software using the premise that cars with a previous Beta software would most likely be the ones getting this update. In this case, it's obviously all non-FSD Beta software carriers.

Screenshot_1.png

Hmm I didn't see that, thank you. I will try this.
Just realized I may have had a related issue. This morning at gym I tried to use Live View and it would not load. The App would randomly connect and not connect at times bet would never load Live View or allow me to turn on Climate Controls. I keep getting multiple Notifications on my Apple Watch. Did a hard (brake) MCU reset and seemed to work OK for now.

INCOMING-19B5E7F3-45E0-4E65-A0FA-96B981F13B08.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang, just got notified to install 30.8, which isn't an FSD install - maybe precursor to 30.10?
Same with my car, a couple days ago. Since the release notes are the same, we think they're working on various bugfixes. Possibly involving the heat pump, possibly other things. Don't know if it's a precursor to going to 30.10, as we've only seen cars already in the beta get updated to 30.10.

Last edited:
Same with my car, a couple days ago. Since the release notes are the same, we think they're working on various bugfixes. Possibly involving the heat pump, possibly other things. Don't know if it's a precursor to going to 30.10, as we've only seen cars already in the beta get updated to 30.10.
Probably, although I was on .7 before and the notes seem to be the same.

chuck cook on his famous unprotected left

First try is total failure.

Interesting. 10.9 appears to be uncertain about when a gap in traffic is good enough. FSD Beta creeps forward a lot. The software may not be very confident yet in its predictions. I imagine Tesla programmed the slow creep to err on the side of caution since crossing traffic can be very dangerous if you estimate the gap wrong. Also, 10.9 does not know how to use the median as a temporary stop so it does poorly in scenarios where it could go but it would need to stop at the median to wait for traffic on the right. 10.9 works best in scenarios when there is a big gap in traffic in both directions and it can just complete the entire turn in one go.

It seems to me that once Tesla programs FSD Beta with how to use a median to stop and improves the confidence in estimating the gap in traffic, it should be a lot better at this type of unprotected left turns. But I would also note Chuck tested on a nice clear day. If it was rainy or foggy or at night, it would be much harder. I suspect FSD Beta will eventually be able to do these unprotected left turns on a clear day but I am skeptical the hardware is good enough to handle it in bad weather or at night.

It seems to me that once Tesla programs FSD Beta with how to use a median to stop and improves the confidence in estimating the gap in traffic, it should be a lot better at this type of unprotected left turns. But I would also note Chuck tested on a nice clear day. If it was rainy or foggy or at night, it would be much harder. I suspect FSD Beta will eventually be able to do these unprotected left turns on a clear day but I am skeptical the hardware is good enough to handle it in bad weather or at night.
On a previous video Chuck stated that many drivers don't even try to cross into the median they just turn right and take a U-turn further down the road. I wonder if Tesla will just decide that difficult unprotected left turns with a median won't be supported for now and the car will be routed to avoid them. I can only think of one in my area and it's not nearly as difficult so an option to reroute wouldn't be a problem anyway.