Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For clarification, your specific wheel issue is not related to version 10.9 then, correct?

In your initial post, you allude to your wheel being broken by an update. But this thread is specifically for FSD 10.9. If it's not related, maybe you should open a thread regarding the specific update that broke the wheel feature to avoid confusion for us following this specific version.
Correct, it was apparently a prior version. There are threads about the right wheel breaking in early November after an update. Probably is linked somehow to the ongoing issues.

Correct, it was apparently a prior version. There are threads about the right wheel breaking in early November after an update. Probably is linked somehow to the ongoing issues.
Can you post a link to that thread. I searched for it and could not find it. I did find another thread of similar nature. I posted on it. In both cases it was a hardware issue. Can software make a fatal command, IE turn something on that is supposed to be momentary, causing it to burn up over time? Cooking a resistor or capacitor?

Can you post a link to that thread. I searched for it and could not find it. I did find another thread of similar nature. I posted on it. In both cases it was a hardware issue. Can software make a fatal command, IE turn something on that is supposed to be momentary, causing it to burn up over time? Cooking a resistor or capacitor?
It is possible, but you'd hope they would have avoided such a situation ...

It is possible, but you'd hope they would have avoided such a situation ...
With the component shortages and constant rework Tesla is doing it’s entirely possible they made a software update that’s bricking certain scroll wheels. That would be an good reason to put a freeze on the beta roll out.

• Informative
Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
What is it? I did not pay attention until now...lol
20220125_153435.jpg

Day 7 since the 10.9 rollout was halted. No successor FSD release has reached any of the trackers.

2021.44.30.10 (FSD 10.9) Installs per day, from Teslascope:
January 26, 2022 - 2
January 25, 2022 - 2
January 24, 2022 - 3
January 23, 2022 - 2
January 22, 2022 - 13
January 21, 2022 - 15
January 20, 2022 - 69
January 19, 2022 - 321
January 18, 2022 - 119
January 16, 2022 - 2

For non-FSD releases, looks like 44.30.11 is the latest broad push, with 2022.4 following that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sigma4Life
Day 7 since the 10.9 rollout was halted. No successor FSD release has reached any of the trackers.

2021.44.30.10 (FSD 10.9) Installs per day, from Teslascope:
January 26, 2022 - 2
January 25, 2022 - 2
January 24, 2022 - 3
January 23, 2022 - 2
January 22, 2022 - 13
January 21, 2022 - 15
January 20, 2022 - 69
January 19, 2022 - 321
January 18, 2022 - 119
January 16, 2022 - 2

For non-FSD releases, looks like 44.30.11 is the latest broad push, with 2022.4 following that.

Yea I wouldn't expect a broad rollout again until FSD 11 is ready. Looks like they have maximized what they can get out of the current stack.

Yea I wouldn't expect a broad rollout again until FSD 11 is ready. Looks like they have maximized what they can get out of the current stack.

Quite possibly. But this is what some of us thought before Elon mentioned 10.9. And if Elon's best guess for FSD 11 is more than his magical "2 weeks" out (i.e. earlier in Jan, he said it would be coming in Feb, I believe) that's a strong signal that it's not going to land any time soon -- which would make more incremental FSD 10 releases somewhat more likely, especially if they pull in FSD 11 features to de-risk the FSD 11 release.

I really hope not. I use to be able to go from WA to CA on I-5 using basic Auto Pilot with nary and intervention or phantom braking. I fully expect freeway driving to get worse going to single stack given my experiences with FSD Beta. 11 isn’t a full rewrite, it is merging FSD functions into AP so it doesn't have to switch to a different set of code when you pull into a freeway. Given that freeways have none of the challenges street driving does I have not been a fan of single stack. Is it really going to be spending CPU cycles trying to recognize traffic lights going 75mph on the interstate?