Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 days with 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought 70D 10 days back and it has been a blast since then. Amazing is the only word i can describe on how i feel.

A big thank you to all the people on this forum. This is the best resource for Tesla related information on the web.

Decision
I test drove Tesla at Dallas North park mall about a year ago and liked the technology and the car itself. I would have bought this even if it was an ICE but being electric makes it so much special. Once they announced 70D, i decided to buy it. I did a lot of research on this forum and got to know a lot of information before ordering. I want to make sure that my travel needs will be satisfied with this being a all electric car. Most of my driving (about 90%) will be with in the city. I go on long trips on occasion. But with super chargers network growing, range anxiety is not an issue.

Design
We went to the sales center at North park mall to see all the options on the cars. Kirk is amazing there. We went before it opened on Sunday and saw the design combinations on all the available cars. We placed the order from their sales center. I went with Midnight Silver Metallic, Pano roof, Premium interior and lightning, Auto pilot and tan nextgen seats and carbon fiber interior. I skipped Audio upgrade as normal should is OK for me. Same with air suspension and other options. I debated about skipping premium interior but i am glad i took it. Definitely added the luxury element and some nice touches. You can find some pictures (both exterior and interior below).

Wait
Wait was the hardest part. The order was confirmed on 8/9 and car was delivered on 9/3. So not bad. I got 240 V NEMA 15-40 adapter installed in my garage by a local electrician (Pete Tremmel). I would recommend him to anyone in Dallas area.

Delivery
Ray Lopez was my DS and he was awesome. The delivery went very smoothly. He gave a ton of information. Car was clean and fully charged at the delivery time.

Driving
The whole experience is awesome. It drives smooth as butter. Acceleration is amazing. The way to accelerates from either 0 mph or from 50 mph is superb. Friends are impressed. Kids love it. They want me to take Tesla everywhere they go.

Nextgen seats are really comfortable. I am getting used to the no key or button thing (park and walk away).

I tried TACC both on highway and on local roads and the implementation is very good.

Audio is ok. I liked the internet radios. Especially Slacker.

I hear some popping sound when going around 40 mph. May be the seal on pano is not tight enough. I need to get it checked.

Accessories
I brought the screen protector from Abstract Ocean.
I got the cable organizer from Tesla to arrange the mobile connector.
Ordered the Sandisk Fit to load some songs.
I also ordered some styling stickers from rpmTesla.com.
Will get it tinted. Talked to SpeedShield and they recommended photo sync.
Booster will cover the seat belts. Seatbelt extender solved the issue.
Not sure about XPel or Clear bra protection. Is this worth it?

thumb_IMG_2741_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2752_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2798_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2747_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2777_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2748_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2758_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2759_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2754_1024.jpg

Beautiful car. Of all the current paint colors, I like the midnight silver metallic the best.

One hint on your UMC installation...you might think about getting something to support the cable and controller so there's not so much weight hanging from the outlet. I ordered one of these and I'm very happy with it:

Organize your UMC: Controller Wall Bracket

(Of course, other people have done other similar solutions and been satisfied with them too.)

Enjoy!

Beautiful car. Of all the current paint colors, I like the midnight silver metallic the best.

One hint on your UMC installation...you might think about getting something to support the cable and controller so there's not so much weight hanging from the outlet. I ordered one of these and I'm very happy with it:

Organize your UMC: Controller Wall Bracket

(Of course, other people have done other similar solutions and been satisfied with them too.)

Enjoy!

I second this comment. I installed it and love it.

Congrats on your new baby. It sure looks awesome!

I also recommend the UMC wall bracket.

To maximize the life of your UMC, I suggest using only 30 Amps for your normal overnight charging. As long as the battery is charged by the next morning, there is no benifit for using the maximum 40 A charge rate. This will reduce heat and stress on your UMC and wiring.

Whenever you need a faster charge, perhaps to top it off during the day, then go ahead and crank it up to 40 A. It certainly will not hurt to run at max occasionally, when it provides a benifit to you.

Have fun!

GSP

CONGRATS!!! Looks like we have the same exact car, lmao. It took me soooo long to decide on colour combo and did this one for the simple fact that not many do it. Love it everyday I see it and drive it. Only difference is I have an 85D w/ Tesla Centre Console, and a HPWC (which I just love how it looks in the garage).
ENJOY!!
Garage.JPG

I'm surprised they let you order it in the store in Texas. I had to order mine from home on my PC due to the silly dealership laws. Great looking car but, in Texas, I'm glad I went with S85 since there have been several road trips where I get home with less than 20 miles on the battery. That won't be a factor for your day to day driving of course. It is just hard to road trip in an ICE once you get used to the Tesla!

Grats on the car!

Got our 70D in June and after 2 years researching and convincing my wife we got an inventory car with exactly what I would have wanted/ordered !! Very special time to be driving electric vehicles ! Change the radio levels to about 7 each and you will get a fuller sound.

Jeff