Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

+10% Energy Efficiency after 2.24.102 Update

Did your Wh/mi improve after 2.24.102?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No, stayed the same

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No, it got worse

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don't keep track

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I haven't driven near enough to a FUAFEH to acquire 2.24.102

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He only drives downhill...

:p

I knew you guys wouldn't believe me, so I snapped a picture this morning on my drive in:

20160706_063624.jpg

Tesla winds was showing nominal wind/elevation. This is driving down a flat section of 101 on the Olympic Peninsula on my way to work.

It appears my efficiency is unchanged since the update.

• Love
Reactions: blacktomb
:p

I knew you guys wouldn't believe me, so I snapped a picture this morning on my drive in:

View attachment 184174

Tesla winds was showing nominal wind/elevation. This is driving down a flat section of 101 on the Olympic Peninsula on my way to work.

It appears my efficiency is unchanged since the update.

Cool, but I can drive from my the place I ski at 87 miles away and get home with an average use in the 50s.

How about a picture of projected range vs actual range on your energy page while using nav for your trip? The energy page will project rated and then adjust it for elevation. If what you say is true, then you should have a huge diverging line between the original projected and what you get.

Cool, but I can drive from my the place I ski at 87 miles away and get home with an average use in the 50s.

How about a picture of projected range vs actual range on your energy page while using nav for your trip? The energy page will project rated and then adjust it for elevation. If what you say is true, then you should have a huge diverging line between the original projected and what you get.

I always beat the original projection. I'll snap a picture of it on my way home tonight or tomorrow morning.

We have a thread like this every time summer comes.

We have a thread the opposite of this every winter.

I'm not saying the firmware didn't change efficiency in some way, just offering data to consider. Shall we start a "did they change regen" thread also? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy and msnow
We have a thread like this every time summer comes.

We have a thread the opposite of this every winter.

I'm not saying the firmware didn't change efficiency in some way, just offering data to consider. Shall we start a "did they change regen" thread also? ;)

Good point but my car was delivered at the end of May and there was no significant change in weather associated with the step change in Wh/mi. Also I live in California so I'm unfamiliar with this "winter" that you speak of.

I don't have the latest update. 70D with 22k miles. So summertime road trips are here and I am more efficient than last year (seemingly by wh/mi). I spent the entire winter not going on long trips and if I did, the efficiency is so up and down dependent on temps. But now we are solidly warm and I just got back from a roadtrip.

Last year, I would say that 65 mph gave me rated range. This year I could go 70 and get rated range. I suspect it is the tires and overall breaking in as last summer the car was new. But it was pretty substantial.

I went 175 yesterday using 180 RM or so. Speed limits were 65-70 and I stayed 5-9 above. So I hit 75 for a lot of the trip.

Never rotated. Never checked pressures. Bad bad owner.....

But I don't think anything was the latest software update since I don't even have it. But certainly TACC could be improved upon and approach 10% in the right traffic scenario.