Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 Teslas in 10 minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
I had a weekend away in Newcastle and had an unprecedented experience of seeing 10 Teslas in the wild in 10 minutes. We had finished lunching at Scratchley’s on the waterfront and saw (apart from our own):
  • A Model 3 parked outside the restaurant
  • 2 Model 3s plugged into the City Council chargers across the road
  • Another Model 3 in the same car park, not plugged in
  • A red Model 3 leaving same carpark
  • As we left that same car park, a Model X parked on the road nearby
  • A Model S passing us in the opposite direction
  • A Model 3 stopped at the next traffic light, just ahead of us
  • Another Model 3 passing us in the opposite direction
  • A Model 3 plugged in at the destination charger at our Hotel
Who knew Newcastle was such a Tesla hotbed? 😄😂👏

I’ve never had an experience like that before, even in Sydney, where Teslas are becoming very commonplace and no longer turn heads.

Recently I have seen 6 Teslas, Model 3's, Model S and Model X while out on a short drive here in Canberra... there are so many everywhere, or is it that I just notice them now! Literally cannot leave home without seeing a Tesla these days.
I do think you notice them more when it matters. I found when I bought my Holden Adventra I still see them everywhere (they sold less than 15,000 total so really shouldn't be around as much as they are) and now I have ordered my Model 3, I see them everywhere too!

Reactions: Vostok
Went to Sydney for the first time in ages yesterday - definitely lots of M3s driving from the M1 through to Balmain via Macquarie and Hunters Hill. Certainly more than I see on the Central Coast.

Mostly white (would’ve been at least 10 on the trip down and back), two blues, one silver, one black, and one matte black one with the number plate “CARBN0” parked in Balmain (according to Service NSW it’s a black model.. so I guess they’ve wrapped it or something?). Don’t think I saw a single red one.

Reactions: Vostok