TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

10-Way Adjustable Bilstein Suspension Failure

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by GeorgeK, Oct 3, 2015.

1. n2mb_racing

n2mb_racing Active Member

14,000 miles.... Sounds about the same.

2. asgard

asgard Member

Those Bilsteins are crappy shocks but I haven't heard of them dying out so quickly on Roadsters. Yours seems to be the only reported ones on the forum that have failed.

3. n2mb_racing

4. n2mb_racing

For more info, the damper part number is F4-BM3-G623-T0
    Rebuilding is $257.50 ea plus shipping.

5. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

Mine too ! as above,
    Plus: the original UK Roadster sales guy did slip that it was a common complaint with the Sports suspension.
    6000 mile on from replacement front adjustable shox, I'm picking up a very, very, slight re-appearance of the same, internal rattle.
    Once out of warrantee I may well go for Nitrons, at least on the front.
    Also FWIW the numbers on my newer, replacement Bilsteins 10 way shock (LHS .. UK version) is F4-BM3-G622 T0 and spring: Eibach 46/11 A26Coo30H

6. andybm3

andybm3 Member

Wiztecy - my front dampers are starting to leak also, but didn't you go down the Nitron route with Rob? If so how do you like them and how much did it cost?

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I love them and have no complaints with about 35k on them now. Nitron recommends to service them something like around 15k miles, but honestly, I feel that's so that they're always performing top notch. Shocks do wear and loose some performance over time but I can't feel any degradation at all. They have the spring perch that allows you to do corner balancing, that's my next investment / setup. These cars are relatively light so having your spring weight dialed in so its balanced on all 4 wheels makes a huge difference in the overall handling and performance of the suspension.

As for the cost I believe I spent around $3900 total with installation from Rob. He had by chance a new set laying around to install on one of his Exige track cars, so the spring rate was heavier, especially in the rear. As I mentioned in an earlier Nitron thread, the driver's side abs/shock mount needs to be slightly modified to accommodate. Otherwise its plug and play.