Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100,005 miles on my Roadster 1.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually I get to work with around 12 miles remaining. I usually switch to range mode when I reach 30 miles . remaining. Whenever I press range mode now I only get 19 addional miles. So that 12 miles remaining is displayed once I open the charge door, it switches back to standard. I charge in standard always.
Thanks, interesting. Do you have a rationale for switching to Range Mode at 30 miles remaining as compared to say, 18-20 miles? (That is the point where my 1.5 automatically switches into low power mode)
Are you considering buying the other yet-to-be-released components of the 3.0 upgrade; the aero mods, new wheel bearings, brake drag reduction mods, and new tires, so you can get more range?

Tesla+L.jpg

I called Tesla inquiring about a refurbished 1.5 battery in case I wanted to get my 189 miles back on a a full standard charge. I was told the battery would be $35,000 if I was to do it now, but Tesla is working on re-adjusting Roadster parts prices. So if I wait the price may be different and did not know when the new prices would be available. This price makes NO sense at all to me when Tesla is producing a car that will go 200 miles for $30K and the fact that the 3.0 upgrade will give you 400 miles and it's $29K. Where do they come up with these #'s