Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100-99-98... Current Safety Score Poll 2

What is your current Safety Score?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been announced on Twitter that the first round of beta picks will be for score 100 then 99 and so on. This poll has finer steps and you can change your score as the week evolves.

How can I get 100 after I flunked? I was really good with a short trip under autopilot but then longer trips makes me brake manually and all hell broke lose and I can't get up even with 100 again!

How can I get 100 after I flunked? I was really good with a short trip under autopilot but then longer trips makes me brake manually and all hell broke lose and I can't get up even with 100 again!
The solution seems to be to drive lots of miles under autopilot control on the highway. This increases your miles without any negatives since your on autopilot. YMMV if you have to disengage autopilot suddenly, so drive when traffic is light.

Screenshot_20210930-173205_Tesla.jpg

805 miles of daily commuting / cheer / football / games / practice pickups & drop offs / family beater car use LOL and a 98. That first day really killed my score for the week tho. Who would have ever imagined that driving yourself way less aggressively than A/P does would kill your hard braking and unsafe following scores. The aggressive turning....that one is really way out in left field. Just the down hill slight dip and angle turning in to my driveway triggers that one at anything over 3 mph 😳

Looks like I will be in the 3rd wave of the ElonFSDbetaReleaseSchedule.....still not holding my breath tho.

IMG_ACE7A85E34F2-1.jpeg

My history:
  • 9/25, none / didn't drive
  • 9/26, 98 (120mi), 0.9% hard braking 21% unsafe follow
  • 9/27, 96 (101mi), 1.66% hard braking, 16.7% unsafe follow
  • 9/28, 95 (99mi), 2.4% hard braking, 1.5% unsafe follow
  • 9/29, 100 (52mi), perfect score - but had a FCW and rebooted to wipe my drive home so mileage is 1/2 my normal daily. I have my own FCW warning set to early so I can't say that it would fault my score, but why not wipe it... I drive 100mi every day
  • 9/30, 99 (103mi), 0.2% hard braking, 1.4% aggressive turn, 15.4% unsafe follow
  • 10/1, 100 (47mi), perfect score, just my morning commute. Yet to drive home today
avg 98 over 522mi

The vast vast majority of my drive is all on interstates with AP on. I occasionally goose the accelerator while on AP. People just get so honked off that I have a few car lengths in front of me that they fly past me and cut me off... That is the only way I can think of that the unsafe follows show up. I keep AP separation at 4/5

Every hard braking event is me pressing the brake hard when the interstate goes from 70/80MPH to 0MPH in 0 seconds and I just can't bring myself to trust AP to stop quickly enough. Really sh*tty that the score system faults you on that sort of occurrence. "How dare you brake and not rear end those cars!?!"

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Day 1: 93 at 110 miles (man I hate this day, i was on auto pilot for probably 108 of those miles and one hard braking instance and one hard turn really killed me)
Day 2: 100 at 72 miles
Day 3: 100 at 104 miles
Day 4: 100 at 85 miles
Day 5: 100 at 50 miles (Autopilot freaked out on me on one drive and had me take over, but I did not get put in jail. I did a scroll wheel reset just in case which is why I had low mileage)
Day 6: 100 at 33 miles (so far so good, merging onto the freeway i cut it too close and got dinged for following distance, so I kept it off auto pilot the whole drive into work and got my unsafe following distance down to 0.5%)

My overall numbers are:
Hard braking 0.4%
Aggressive turning 1.1%
Unsafe following distance 1.5%
No FCW or FAD

Day 1: 93 at 110 miles (man I hate this day, i was on auto pilot for probably 108 of those miles and one hard braking instance and one hard turn really killed me)
Day 2: 100 at 72 miles
Day 3: 100 at 104 miles
Day 4: 100 at 85 miles
Day 5: 100 at 50 miles (Autopilot freaked out on me on one drive and had me take over, but I did not get put in jail. I did a scroll wheel reset just in case which is why I had low mileage)
Day 6: 100 at 33 miles (so far so good, merging onto the freeway i cut it too close and got dinged for following distance, so I kept it off auto pilot the whole drive into work and got my unsafe following distance down to 0.5%)

My overall numbers are:
Hard braking 0.4%
Aggressive turning 1.1%
Unsafe following distance 1.5%
No FCW or FAD
How did your weekend go? From your scores, you only needed 60 miles at 100 to reach 99, but would need almost 1100 miles to reach 100 (99.5 actually).

1633358394990.png