Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Battery announced soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to see the improvement in battery capacity, but so far Tesla has been absolutely against upgrading batteries for existing owners. So every incremental update has made early buyers feel left out. The only option was to buy an entirely new car. I hope with the 100 they will finally let people upgrade their battery. How about letting long time owners (who payed the same price but didn't get AP hardware and other newer features) and owners of 60 batteries upgrade first.

I'm happy to see the improvement in battery capacity, but so far Tesla has been absolutely against upgrading batteries for existing owners. So every incremental update has made early buyers feel left out. The only option was to buy an entirely new car. I hope with the 100 they will finally let people upgrade their battery. How about letting long time owners (who payed the same price but didn't get AP hardware and other newer features) and owners of 60 batteries upgrade first.

I'm in the same boat as you. Is it really worth the extra cost involved to upgrade from an 85 to a 100? I bet that won't be cheap so I'd rather just pay the additional required to get a new car with the new battery, autopilot and the new nose.

Reactions: Seesaw