Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 charge to 300 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
D6A52B55-C627-492F-B13F-84EFFDFC225F.jpeg
Have my model 3 since sept of 2018. Charge to 100 percent today for the first time. Fully charge shows 300 miles.

Reactions: P85_DA
It may. I've charged to full a few times for trips but I still get the full battery. I haven't charged to full since the extra capacity increase on the LR RWD yet, but my trip a couple months ago I charged to full 310 miles. Brought mine home mid August 2018.

Mine dropped from 310 miles at 100% with about 1,800 miles on it to 300 miles with 7,600 miles on it. Purchased Oct 2018. My 90% went from 279 to 269-271. But the drop seemed to happen over two weeks, kinda sudden.

I’m at around 7600 miles as well. My 90 percent recently, as I charged to that daily, shows around 269-272 as well. I wonder if it’s just with the recent firmware. I’m on 12.1.2.

I’m not worried but just curious if others are experiencing it as well when charging to 100 when not done often.

Reactions: Frunkenstein
My car won't even charge to 100%. It will say "charging complete" at like 305 miles, but there's still some "room in the battery" on the app and on the in car screen. And TeslaFi doesn't count this is a 100% charge either. It's weird.

My car won't even charge to 100%. It will say "charging complete" at like 305 miles, but there's still some "room in the battery" on the app and on the in car screen. And TeslaFi doesn't count this is a 100% charge either. It's weird.

That is interesting, as i have read some only charge to about 99 percentage; or as it gets to the top, it slows the charge rate down. Perhaps mine really didn't get to 100% before the app reads charge complete. I don't have TeslaFi so I wouldn't know for sure if it is at 100%.

I keep hearing that to reset/recalibrate the battery mileage estimator you need to run the battery down to under ten percent then charge back up to 100% and do this a few times in a row. I've never let my battery get down to that low of a charge but I think I will try this and see what happens. I've only got about 9200 miles on my LR RWD model 3 that is over a year old (18 inch wheels, aftermarket rims, and running 12.2 - not that any of that should matter to the battery estimator). I doubt there should be any appreciable battery degradation at this point in the life of the car. Maybe there is something with the 12.2 update that is making a recalibrate necessary. Like others I'll report back my results.

Reactions: ngogas
I keep hearing that to reset/recalibrate the battery mileage estimator you need to run the battery down to under ten percent then charge back up to 100% and do this a few times in a row. I've never let my battery get down to that low of a charge but I think I will try this and see what happens. I've only got about 9200 miles on my LR RWD model 3 that is over a year old (18 inch wheels, aftermarket rims, and running 12.2 - not that any of that should matter to the battery estimator). I doubt there should be any appreciable battery degradation at this point in the life of the car. Maybe there is something with the 12.2 update that is making a recalibrate necessary. Like others I'll report back my results.
Sorry I should have said software update 12.1.2 not 12.2

That is interesting, as i have read some only charge to about 99 percentage; or as it gets to the top, it slows the charge rate down. Perhaps mine really didn't get to 100% before the app reads charge complete. I don't have TeslaFi so I wouldn't know for sure if it is at 100%.

I have the same but to 308 miles

Here's a screenshot. You can still there's still some "room in the battery"

battery.png

Does this range number take previous driving history and power usage into consideration?

According to Tesla, it does. (I don't agree with this, but what can I do?)

I've been experiencing this since November of last year, and each time I inquire/take it in/have them perform remote diagnostics, they say it takes into consideration driving history, power usage, outside temperature etc etc, and they aren't seeing anything wrong with my battery.

Currently, my 90% is 267, and my 100% is 297. Has been this way since November. At the time, I was told that it was due to the way I was charging (every other day, and maybe only to 80%). The recommendation was to charge it daily to 90% and it would re-calibrate. I've been charging to 90% daily since December, have taken a few trips and been under 10% SOC, charged to 100% a handful of times, and I've seen absolutely no change.

I understand that overall range is affected by many variables, but when the car is freshly charged, and is sitting still, the range should still be 310 at 100%, and once I start driving, THAT'S when the variables should impact range. I think there's a problem, and I think Tesla doesn't wants to admit it.

FWIW, I'm on 12.1.2, and my lifetime Wh/mi is right around 320. Total mileage is 7,533 since 8/7/18.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde