Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 charge to 300 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things I like about this car, is I get to geek out on the battery management, and other functions.
That being said, I think most of us obsess over the battery a little too much, and forget that the battery SOC will fluctuate for various reasons. None of which necessarily means the battery is seeing abnormal degradation.

Not obsessing. Just curious if other folks notice the change in behavior of the bms as of late. Bms incorrectness could lead you stranded even though you still have juice.

Not obsessing. Just curious if other folks notice the change in behavior of the bms as of late. Bms incorrectness could lead you stranded even though you still have juice.

I wouldn’t say the bms is incorrect.
It’s all about calibration. Lithium batteries are known for this, so it’s more a characteristic.

I also think your calibration would have to be out a lot, and you would have to run the battery really low before an extreme case like that would occur.

Sorry I should have said software update 12.1.2 not 12.2
Ran my car down to 12% then charged back up to 99%. The car showed equivalent range of 316 miles. I needed to use the car before I could charge up to 100% but extrapolating that would have been about 320 miles of range. Like I said in the original post and follow up I'm running 12.1.2 LR RWD 18's with third party wheels (and I don't think any of that matters). I'm happy with 316 miles of range at 99% charge.

I’m back up to 280 miles at 90%. Weird. No firmware update, just slowly chugged up a mile or two per week after bottoming at 269ish. Is it the BMS? Summer? Both? Don’t know, just happy that it’s crawled back and above my normal 279 at 90%.

9,377 miles on P3D. Lifetime efficiency at 282 kWh.