Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100% charged display km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 performance when I set the app charging % to 100% it only shows about 498kms. Not the advertised 560kms.

is this normal ?

thanks

Merry Christmas , and yes, apparently they must use an australian rule and advertise in NEDC , instead of the real world mileage.
If you go to this website ,it will give you real world data Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com it will show data including actual car drivers results as well as EPA . It will also show you with 18" wheels as opposed to 20" wheels. The mileage is also only an estimate, and for this reason ,some people change their display to just show percentage of battery left.
So dont worry about the varying amount of kilometres shown, as 499 is shown as the epa sticker range in kilometres . (Never get NEDC range - its a pity Australia insists on using that as a range measuring metric for EV )

Handy little range table in that link.

Also , not sure if you have tried it yet.. A Better Routeplanner

Enjoy your new Tesla - you will love it

And to think that the Energy Consumption sticker on the LR AWD reckons it can do 620 km :rolleyes:

6C0249F5-D6B3-4D9C-9FFC-A95A758A7DEF.jpeg

With an efficiency of 209 Wh/km and a range of 620 km, who knew our LR and P+ Model 3s had a 130 kWh battery? :D

• Funny
Reactions: Hungry Mile
And to think that the Energy Consumption sticker on the LR AWD reckons it can do 620 km :rolleyes:

View attachment 492804

With an efficiency of 209 Wh/km and a range of 620 km, who knew our LR and P+ Model 3s had a 130 kWh battery? :D

Thing is I am getting approximately 143Wh/km, at 75KW battery (performance 3) where 73KW is useable if charged to 100% equals about 510km’s....less than advertised however still the closest out of all my Tesla to achieving the advertised “range”.

Merry Christmas , and yes, apparently they must use an australian rule and advertise in NEDC , instead of the real world mileage.
If you go to this website ,it will give you real world data Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com it will show data including actual car drivers results as well as EPA . It will also show you with 18" wheels as opposed to 20" wheels. The mileage is also only an estimate, and for this reason ,some people change their display to just show percentage of battery left.
So dont worry about the varying amount of kilometres shown, as 499 is shown as the epa sticker range in kilometres . (Never get NEDC range - its a pity Australia insists on using that as a range measuring metric for EV )

Handy little range table in that link.

Also , not sure if you have tried it yet.. A Better Routeplanner

Enjoy your new Tesla - you will love it
Thanks for the informative reply

Thing is I am getting approximately 143Wh/km, at 75KW battery (performance 3) where 73KW is useable if charged to 100% equals about 510km’s....less than advertised however still the closest out of all my Tesla to achieving the advertised “range”.

How are you getting 143 wh/km? Do you drive pretty conservatively?

I generally get about 205wh/km but tried driving very gently last week to see how good my consumption could get and maybe only dipped into the low 150's.

How are you getting 143 wh/km? Do you drive pretty conservatively?

I generally get about 205wh/km but tried driving very gently last week to see how good my consumption could get and maybe only dipped into the low 150's.

136 wh / km so far for 600 kms. just using chill mode, sometimes air con, sometimes none.. Sydney to central coast, central coast to south of Sydney etc so city / freeway combined. That is Model 3 LR AWD , only floored it from the lights once or twice. No speeding above 110 on the freeway. Figure it will be low to high 140's after a while depending on the trips.. so far no real mountains and holiday traffic has been a bit slow -

136 wh / km so far for 600 kms. just using chill mode, sometimes air con, sometimes none.. Sydney to central coast, central coast to south of Sydney etc so city / freeway combined. That is Model 3 LR AWD , only floored it from the lights once or twice. No speeding above 110 on the freeway. Figure it will be low to high 140's after a while depending on the trips.. so far no real mountains and holiday traffic has been a bit slow -

I'm achieving 126 wh/km, I mostly drive autopilot and 5-10ks over any posted speed. I have my 3 set on sports mode and mad max. After 3 months my 3 has covered 3,250ks and I don't drive slow when accelerating as I'm not worried about saving a few cents. This is the first time today I've checked the cars wh/km

My S90D shows 440-odd EPA km when charged to 100%, that's 83kWh at its EPA-rated 190Wh/km. Probably a good capacity for a 3-year/35,000km-old battery that started life at a real cap of 85-87kWh. (around town I get more like 160-170, but push it and it goes 210-220, so 190 is a good long term average in real life)

Ah this might be it... I tried chill mode once...never again.
Why? I’ve had my car a week and I’ve only ever driven it in chill mode. Figured there’s no point not to when just driving around the city. When I have a trip outside of the metro area I might turn it off, or maybe not. Apart from allowing even greater stomach-churning acceleration, what does non-chill mode do?

Hi. Anyone know what a 2019 SR+ Model 3 originally showed as the rated range at 100%? The Range Table Bluebay linked to above seems to be dead (doesn't load for me) and I'm having trouble finding anything relevant on the 'net (it's all miles this and RWD-version that). I don't mean the nonsense 490-ish NEDC km printed on the window sticker, but the distance shown next to the battery icon near the (at present) top of the screen.

I recently charged to 100% for about the third time in almost four years (warranty will be up soon, yikes!), and I'm curious as to how the value compares to what one would originally have seen.

Ta! Cheers, A.

Hi. Anyone know what a 2019 SR+ Model 3 originally showed as the rated range at 100%? The Range Table Bluebay linked to above seems to be dead (doesn't load for me) and I'm having trouble finding anything relevant on the 'net (it's all miles this and RWD-version that). I don't mean the nonsense 490-ish NEDC km printed on the window sticker, but the distance shown next to the battery icon near the (at present) top of the screen.

I recently charged to 100% for about the third time in almost four years (warranty will be up soon, yikes!), and I'm curious as to how the value compares to what one would originally have seen.

Ta! Cheers, A.
My 2019 SR+ was 90% 327 + 10%= 350km. Now 90% 313 + 10%= 344km
I’ve never charged to 100%

• Informative
Reactions: bay74
My 2019 SR+ was 90% 327 + 10%= 350km. Now 90% 313 + 10%= 344km
I’ve never charged to 100%
If I take my 1/2020 SR+ to 100%, I'll see 340km. And that's after serious kilometres, with a non-conducive driving style, at non-conducive speeds (mostly 80-110km/h, so rather taxing), and air con always running. Whether it ever gives me that is another question. At a lifetime average of 160Wh/km, 50kWh should only get me 312.5km.