TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

100+ deliveries next 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sundoc, Sep 14, 2014.

1. sundoc

sundoc Member

So I was at the store the other day and the guys were talking about there being 100+ deliveries coming up over the next 2 weeks (here in T.O.) WOW!
    And then another scheduled rash of deliveries to take place in Dec... busy or what!!

Unfortunately no insight into my scheduled late Oct delivery date... lets see what happens.

I know CanadianBiker is also expecting a late Oct delivery as well, anyone else here with this time line?

2. rnlass2

rnlass2 Member

I am one of the lucky ones....Sept 22 on my birthday. What a gift!

3. DGates

DGates Member

I was chatting with some people from the Vancouver store a week ago and they also mentioned that there were a lot of deliveries coming up soon. Mentioned it a couple times and emphasized *a lot* of cars coming to Vancouver and how busy they were going to be.

4. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

I heard the exact same thing for the Toronto service centre. I tried to get an appointment to look at a few things for my car last week and they were booking only in second week of October as they were too busy with deliveries for the month of September to get me in.

5. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Interesting, do they build all the canuck bound cars in batches or something? You would think not, they dont differ that much from other countries cars, just programming you would think?

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

There are some hardware differences - key fob receivers, red push-buttons for seat belts, that sort of thing.

Perhaps because of the backlog due to changing the lines over, they decided to batch cars by country to maximize efficiency while they catch up again. Or maybe they're changing how they run the new line.

7. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

If only they could do the same for superchargers...

8. Biker

Biker Member

sundoc, I had a November delivery, then it moved to October ... now it's December. Maybe they'll throw in Adaptive Cruise or 4WD in the end-of-year batch (just wishful thinking).

Jeeps17, Maybe there will be Supercharges all over Eastern Canada by December ...

9. sundoc

sundoc Member

Biker... hmm my delivery date has always been Oct. (confirmed p85+ July 27). Is your dashboard now saying Dec?

I emailed Scott and Jon and Jon replied saying that my date was still the same for now... Gotta admit that deep down I'd been hoping they'd surprise me and say I've been pushed up a month to Sept! haha
    To be honest, I'd be surprised if I get it in Oct... If the delivery gets pushed to Dec though, I may just request to have it delayed until the spring... but can I do an even longer wait?!?

As for AWD, that'd be awesome but I agree... its just wishful thinking :)

10. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

BTW, I was at my local Springfield, NJ service center today, which also does deliveries.

The place was packed with cars (all the colors, except red, which was interesting), and they said they have 109 cars to be delivered in the next few weeks.

11. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

12. Nancy Clarke

Nancy Clarke Member

I am one of those September deliveries... we get ours next Tuesday (Sept 23) confirmed June 30 :)

My husband and I are so excited, even my 89 year old grandmother is super excited for a ride in it the next day.

13. dj905

dj905 Member

There were lots of new cars being charged at the Lawrence Tesla service centre today. I went by at noon, and only one supercharger space was available! They all looked great.

14. Kalud

Kalud Member

I heard the exact same thing for the Montreal (Laval) service center, lots of deliveries until the end of the month. End of quarter rush ;)

15. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

When I had my factory tour a little over a year ago, all of the cars in the final assembly area were destined for Norway. I could see this from the paperwork that was hanging on each car I saw. They probably do batch them up like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Tesla (in Toronto) called me yesterday based on an issue I'd mentioned here and wanted me to bring the car in the next day.

16. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

I was there too yesterday and wondered why they were filling the supercharger stalls with cars that were not pluged in. I took the last spot but the others were basically iced!

17. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I'm sure they would move one if you asked.

18. phatman

phatman Member

that's my delivery date too! totally excited.

on my way to work today a brand new p85 pulled up beside me in my gas car. i felt ashamed. only a few more days!