Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$100/kW rebate - anyone gotten theirs yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this email from Tesla in early March while I was waiting on our install:

I wanted to remind you that the $100/kW rebate offer from Tesla expires this Friday, March 12. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to maximize your solar savings as you accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

As long as you satisfy the following conditions, Tesla will issue you a check equal to $100 per kW installed (without rounding up) after you receive permission to power your system on.

To qualify, you must complete the following steps by Friday, March 12, 2021:

· Approve your final system design

· Sign your Purchase Agreement

· Submit all required documentation

In addition, we kindly ask that you accept our first installation appointment offer and complete any advised or required repair work before your installation date. Please note all terms and conditions of your Purchase Agreement will continue to apply.

I can't find anything about the rebate online, and my project advisor isn't calling me back. Does anyone know about this rebate or how long it takes to get the check after PTO?

Did you ever get yours? I have been emailing with Tesla for a couple months now and they haven't provided a status update. They want me to call customer service, but that person can't find a record of that rebate or payment ever sent.

I did get mine, although it was a little strange. I was expecting a $1600 rebate, but out of the blue I got a $250 check from Tesla with no explanation - the memo field of the check just said something generic like "price reduction." I called customer service to ask what was up and they promised to look into it. A few weeks later I got another generic "price reduction" check for $1350, so the two of them together added up to the $1600 I was expecting. I'm fully expecting to get a $1600 Form 1099 from Tesla come tax time so I'll have to claim the rebate on my taxes.

Similar. I received a $250 check shortly after install but was told that was for allowing the install of a Tesla Inverter instead of the SolarEdge ones that were quoted. I still haven't received by $100/kW but made progress yesterday. Tesla Customer Rep said that it seems like my $800 for 8kW system was never paid or noted in the system to be paid. They're supposed to follow up in a couple days.