Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 miles for a beer, yep model3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I will try. My daughter goes to school at Ivey in London Ontario. 202 km away from where I live in Toronto.
She is currently home because school is closed.
Running low on Nespresso pods. She has some in her apartment.
Drove out there yesterday, collected the Nespresso pods from her apartment, checked out the new supercharger in London, Ontario and drove home.
EAP drove most of the way. Looking for any excuse to drive.

I thought the title of this thread was about the energy consumption cost, and I want to believe it still is! If I charge at home, and a beer costs $1, I can drive 147 miles at the cost of that beer.

This is about energy. After a quick review my FSD peaked at 210 w/km average
181. This was a stress test for distance at 100mph and expected distance.
We always have someone with us to buy the beer so $1 is enough.

Tomorrow is getting more Monk beer at about 60 miles, slow drive.
I need to beat Nespresso man.

I wonder if anyone else seen range issue with there FSD over time.

My first road trip since getting the car 2 weeks ago. There’s a great pizza place in Carlsbad, CA that’s 54 miles away from where we live, and I made the trip today.

Car is a Model 3 Performance, which was charged last night to about 90% and had 267 miles estimated range before starting. Traffic was light, which meant speeds of 80+ mph, both ways. Music streaming from my phone the whole trip. Warm temps outside (mid-70s), so air conditioning was on. Also left climate on In the car as I waited for my pizza (about 15 min). Got home with 127 miles remaining on the battery, and a couple of still warm pizzas for the family.

Wife already asked if I want to do it again next weekend...

Friday I added 120 miles extra onto a 900 mile roundtrip camping trip in order to get a beer and a burger. It was well worth it.

edit: Everything was worth it. The camping was awesome - no interactions with other people - and after being locked inside for a few months the fresh air was very nice. And the beer&burger were delicious and served at a place with proper social distancing and mask usage by staff.

Wife as FSD... So that's what you get for $7,000.

Wish we can do 100mph in the US... Must be fun in Germany.

But in hindsight, we probably get better range by driving slower... Worth trading fun for driving fast?
100mph is the new 80 on the Interstate between OHare airport and Rockford, IL. Closest thing to Autobahn quality roadway ever seen in Illinois.

My first road trip since getting the car 2 weeks ago. There’s a great pizza place in Carlsbad, CA that’s 54 miles away from where we live, and I made the trip today.

Car is a Model 3 Performance, which was charged last night to about 90% and had 267 miles estimated range before starting. Traffic was light, which meant speeds of 80+ mph, both ways. Music streaming from my phone the whole trip. Warm temps outside (mid-70s), so air conditioning was on. Also left climate on In the car as I waited for my pizza (about 15 min). Got home with 127 miles remaining on the battery, and a couple of still warm pizzas for the family.

Wife already asked if I want to do it again next weekend...

Whats the pizza place called?