Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 $ accessories for M3 RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First three things I would recommend
1. A good set of Floor mats for the interior and trunk and frunk
2. A screen protector
3. Wind noise reduction kit

Most important by far is the floor mats and trunk and frunk mats. If your car is a standard range then it will most likely not come with floor mats. If your model 3 indeed comes with floor mats, they are flimsy, poor quality, and gets torn up easily with use.

Upvote 0
I would say get your floor mats first. Preferably some all weather mats. These Taptes from amazon work well. My girl got them for her '22
LR+ and loves them.

Then I would say look into getting yourself some ppf installed to protect the paint. That is going to be the most expensive in my opinion $1k+. I know your budget is $1k though lol. Tesla paint is very prone to scratches and chips. You always want to protect your investment. We got full coverage at a great price here in LA. Also check TESBROS website, they have some pretty affordable pieces on their website for places like the door handles, lights etc.

A screen protector is up there too. The Spigen Tempered glass screen protector is what we got. It has great reviews and does very well against glare and finger prints.

I also just applied this Gyeon Quartz Leather Ceramic Coating for the seats and the leather on the doors. It also has great reviews and holds up well against stains and such.

Coated the dash with this 303 Protectant to help against the harsh California sun.

I know this is a lot and I hope it helps in any way. Congrats on the new ride :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the club, @amarchcan!

I find these accessories helpful: sunshades, a second J1772 charging adaptor to keep in the garage with the JuiceBox Pro, J1772 adaptor lock, cup holder insert, tire inflator or a tall bike pump (since you won't normally go to gas stations), SSD drive partitioned for music + dashcam/sentry video, brighter trunk lights, jack pads, center console organizer tray.

New models probably don't need: "open door" button label stickers, wireless phone charger pad, console vinyl wrap, frunk hooks.

I didn't see a need for a screen protector or different floor mats.

Reactions: amarchcan
Upvote 0
First three things I would recommend
1. A good set of Floor mats for the interior and trunk and frunk
2. A screen protector
3. Wind noise reduction kit

Most important by far is the floor mats and trunk and frunk mats. If your car is a standard range then it will most likely not come with floor mats. If your model 3 indeed comes with floor mats, they are flimsy, poor quality, and gets torn up easily with use.
Full car tint is a two-for-one - glare and noise reduction.

Reactions: amarchcan
Upvote 0
What accessories in order of preference like mats, protective film, bumpers etc. would you recommend if I was to limit my total expenditure to $1000 on new M3 RWD Black / Black Aero No FSD ?
Floor mats if your car does not come with them.

240V home charging provisioning (EVSE and/or electrical upgrade) if possible and you do not already have it. What to get and how much it costs depends on what is already there (cost mostly depends on existing electrical panel and wiring situation).

Upvote 0
Does anybody
I would say get your floor mats first. Preferably some all weather mats. These Taptes from amazon work well. My girl got them for her '22
LR+ and loves them.

Then I would say look into getting yourself some ppf installed to protect the paint. That is going to be the most expensive in my opinion $1k+. I know your budget is $1k though lol. Tesla paint is very prone to scratches and chips. You always want to protect your investment. We got full coverage at a great price here in LA. Also check TESBROS website, they have some pretty affordable pieces on their website for places like the door handles, lights etc.

A screen protector is up there too. The Spigen Tempered glass screen protector is what we got. It has great reviews and does very well against glare and finger prints.

I also just applied this Gyeon Quartz Leather Ceramic Coating for the seats and the leather on the doors. It also has great reviews and holds up well against stains and such.

Coated the dash with this 303 Protectant to help against the harsh California sun.

I know this is a lot and I hope it helps in any way. Congrats on the new ride :)

Thanks for sharing this. Living in SoCal, where have you found the all weather floor mats most useful? I’m debating replacing the original floor mats but it never rains in Southern California…

Protection of the leather upholstery from the sun is definitely a good idea. I may use sunshades instead of chemicals though.

Reactions: DaPlugg
Upvote 0
Does anybody

Thanks for sharing this. Living in SoCal, where have you found the all weather floor mats most useful? I’m debating replacing the original floor mats but it never rains in Southern California…

Protection of the leather upholstery from the sun is definitely a good idea. I may use sunshades instead of chemicals though.
The floor mats have been beneficial for us in terms of protecting the car from dirt and sand. We like to go hiking and also take our dog to the beach. It also protects from the husky fur. We love the fact we can just take the mat out shake it and in an instant they are clean again. We also got some shades but haven’t had to use them yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
Upvote 0
Does anybody

It’s true that all-weather mats seem completely unnecessary in SoCal. That’s where the all-weather mats like 3D maxpider, Taptes, et al come in handy - they don’t look like traditional all weather mats (think Weathertech) made for locales where you get all the seasons. Instead, they look like “upscale” mats (because of the weave/design) but function as an all-weather mat (bucket/bowl shape to contain liquid/debris, can be shaken off or hosed down). It’s a lot easier to vacuum these mats than a carpet/textile one

Reactions: Hiline
Upvote 0