Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1000 Deposit refundable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that the M3 $1000 deposit is totally refundable. How come they told me for the MS and MX and even the CPO cars that the deposit is only transferable and not refundable?
The Model X deposit was fully refundable until the order was *confirmed.* I actually was able to get a full refund after my Model X order was confirmed (but before it had entered the production queue). But I was definitely told in 2013 that my Model X order was fully refundable.

As Dennis said above, production vehicle deposits are different because your order is basically going directly into the production queue once you make that deposit. That's not the case for advance reservations of a car that hasn't gone into general production yet.

No, stores are 10AM local (some stores may open earlier or later for all I know, but that seems to be the common time). Online is 8:30PM or so PDT. That's why the announcement said you can get a better spot by reserving in store when they open. If you reserve in store after 8:30PDT, then presumably you're getting mixed in with all the online folks.

From my understanding online reservations become available when the reveal event starts at 8:30pm Pacific, 11:30pm Eastern

"Reservations for Model 3 begin on March 31st worldwide. Reservation amounts in each currency can be found here. There are two ways to make a reservation. The first, which will allow you to get a better spot in the queue, is to visit your local Tesla store when it opens on March 31st. Find your closest Tesla store here. The second is to make a reservation online at Tesla.com when the live unveil starts at 8:30pm PT."

Reserving your Model 3